Land Board – Submittals – 02/14/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014
TIME: 10:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of December 13, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of January 10, 2014 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Issuance of Special Use Permit No. FW-2014-H-01 to Palani Ranch Company, Inc., Kailua-Kona, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK (3)-7-4-002:por. 007AndRequest Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Assessment Requirement for the Project.
- Set Aside of a 7.97 Acre Portion of TMK 3-8-01 por. 19, Makai of Amala Place, at the Western Boundary of the TMK, for Inclusion in the Kanaha Pond Wildlife Sanctuary, Maui.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request for Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Ronald Beckenfeld on State Unencumbered Beach Lands for Emergency Temporary Shore Protection, Kikiaola, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-013:035.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of December 13, 2013, Item D-7, Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. S-5405, Yvonne K. Okamoto, Lessee, Kikala-Keokea, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-2-043:005; andConsent to Assign General Lease No. S-5405, Yvonne K. Okamoto, Lessee, to Deanna Pilialoha Kahookaulana, Assignee, Kikala-Keokea, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-2-043:005.
- Consent to Sublease of General Lease No. S-4312, Gary J. Rubio and Karen L. Rubio, Lessee, to David Hepp, dba: East Hawaii Metals, Sublessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-058:026.
- Report to Board on Opinion from the Office of the Attorney General Regarding Previously Deferred Agenda Item D-6 of July 12, 2013 Land Board Meeting titled: “Rescind Prior Board Action of November 9, 2012, Item D-4, Sale of Storm Drainage Easement Reservations 1 and 2 in Favor of the State of Hawaii to Robert Glenn Bloom, Jr. and Bebi Latiefa Bloom, Paukaa, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-7-20:14”.Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities or to engage in attorney-client privileged communication.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Kerry Ward of Corporate Explorer Training to Conduct a Beach Activity Event on March 24, 2014, at Wailea, Maui, Hawaii: Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes at Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Impose a $1,000.00 Fine, and $420.00 in Administrative Costs Against Island Adventure Tours, LLC, dba Kelii’s Kayak Tours, for Unauthorized Commercial Activities Conducted on State Unencumbered Lands at Olowalu, Lahaina, Maui, at TMK: (2) 4-8-003:001.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement for Cable Communication Purposes to Oceanic Time Warner Cable LLC: Issuance of Immediate Construction and Management Right of Entry Permit, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 1-7-042: portion of 002.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 26, 2011, Item D-8 by Revising the Performance Bond Condition and Approving the Easement Document Regarding the Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning, LLC for Seawater Air Conditioning Waterlines Purposes on State Submerged Lands off Kakaako, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-060:Seaward of 008.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Kanaka Ikaika Racing Association for a Paddle Race Event, on March 29, 2014, at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach on February 17, 2014, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Staff Recommendation to Deny Hilton Hawaiian Village’s Request to Modify Fee for Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Displays at Duke Kahanamoku Beach situate at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Fireworks by Grucci, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes on February 11, 2014, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Consent to Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit by the Department of Defense to Faith First, Inc. dba Extreme Fitness Club for the Use of Department of Defense Facilities for the Youth Sports Volleyball Program Purposes over Portions of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 1997, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 3-1-042:portion of 010.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Thomas C. Young and Sandra G. Young for Concrete Pad, Ladder, Steps, and Rock Walls Purposes; Assess Administrative Cost of $500 and Fine of $500, Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-002:Seaward of 045.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 172 and 784 and Reset Aside to Department of Human Services for Hawaii Youth Correctional Facility, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-2-006:002 and (1) 4-2-009:006.
- Amend Prior Action of September 27, 2013, Item D-11 by Removing Posting of Performance Bond from the Recommendation Section; Request for Mutual Termination, Leki, Incorporated, Lessee, General Lease No. 3983, Waialee, Koolauloa, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 5-8-001:051
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Ka’ala Farm, Inc. and Ho’omau Ke Ola for Educational, Cultural, Agricultural, and Workforce Development Program and Activities Purposes, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-006:004.
- Consent to Assignment of Membership Interests Regarding Grant of Easements No. S-4606 and S-5595 between Tesoro Corporation and Hawaii Pacific Energy, LLC, Honouliuli and Aiea, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 9-1-026:Seaward of 026; 9-9-003:035; 9-9-004:003 and 024; 9-9-012:005, 046 and 047.
E. STATE PARKS
- Amend Prior Board Action of July 26, 2013, Item E-1 Issuance of Direct Lease to Ka ‘Ohana O Kalaupapa. The Purpose of this Amendment is to Change the Board’sApproval of the Lease to the Board’s Approval in Principle of the Lease, Kalaupapa National Historic Park, Kalawao, Moloka‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 6-1-001: 002 (por.).
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0161, Daniel Hempey and Patricia Hempey, Assignors, to Karen Marie Bellavita, Assignee, Lot 51, Koke’e Campsites Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i, TMK: (4) 1-4-003:017.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0122, Kelly Carswell-Haneburg and David Carswell, Assignors, to Marau Beck and Hobey Beck, Assignees, Lot 75, Koke’e Campsites Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, TMK: (4) 1-4-004:069.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0152, Gary Miller, Assignor, to Jon Ohman, Assignee, Lot 84, Pu’u Ka Pele, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, TMK: (4) 1-4-002:086.
- Approval to Solicit Sealed Bids, Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute the Contract with Approval as to Form by the Department of the Attorney General Under a Competitive Bidding Process for a Contract for Goods and Services to Collect Entrance Fees and Conduct Parking Management Services at Diamond Head State Monument, Kapahulu, Waikiki, O‘ahu, TMK: (1) 3-1-042:006 (Por.).
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Mr. Eric King, Schmidt Ocean Institute, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request the Board Delegate the Maui District Manger as the Authorized Representative for the Purpose of Issuing Commercial Use Permits for Kaanapali Beach and Ocean Waters, Maui.
- Request that the Board of Land and Natural Resources Approve the Amendments and Compilation of Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR), Chapter 13-253, Registration and Permit Fees, and Amendments to Hawaii Administrative Rules, Section 13-256-3 Commercial Operator Permit Requirements and Section 13-256-4 Commercial Vessel and Water Sports Equipment Registration Requirements; Authorize the Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation to Conduct a Second Round of Public Hearings Regarding Amendments that were made to Chapter 13-231, Operation of Boats, Small Boat Harbors, and Permits and Chapter 13-251, Waikiki and Kaanapali Ocean Waters, Based on Public Testimony that was Received During the Rule Making Process. Attached to this Agenda and Incorporated Herein are the Proposed
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3689 for After the Fact Seawall and Stairs by Henry and Diane Schweitzer Located at Keonenui Beach,`Alaeloa, Island of Maui, Makai of Tax Map Key: (2) 4-3-015:001.
- Contested Case Request HA 14-01 by Abel Simiona Lui Regarding Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3674 for the Old Plantation Spring Pipeline Located at Kaiholena, Ka`u, Island of Hawai`i, Tax Map Keys: (3) 9-7-001:001, 004, and 016.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit; Jefts, Larry G.; Honolulu International Airport; Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76:21 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit; Kahala Surf Corporation; Honolulu International Airport; Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:11.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit; Kahala Surf Corporation; Honolulu International Airport; Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:69 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit; Hawaii Island Air, Inc. DBA Island Air; Commuter Terminal, Honolulu International Airport; TMK: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to; Oxford Electronics, Inc.; DBA Oxford Airport Technical Services; Honolulu International Airport; TMK: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit; Trans Executive Airlines of Hawaii, Inc. DBA Trans Air; Honolulu International Airport; Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:69 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.