Welcome to DAR
The mission of the Division of Aquatic Resources is to manage, conserve and restore the state’s unique aquatic resources and ecosystems for present and future generations.
Ula (spiny lobster), ula pāpapa (slipper lobster), and Kona crab closed May-August.
Moi closed June-August
Closed to fishing during 2015
- Sea cucumber harvesting banned for 120 days
- New O‘ahu aquarium fishing rules now in effect
- Annual rainbow trout season at Kōke‘e, Kaua‘i opens June 20
- Waikīkī-Diamond Head Shoreline Fisheries Management Area will close to fishing for year starting Jan. 1, 2015
- New bag limits, size limits, and restrictions for uhu (parrotfish) and goatfish on Maui effective November 1, 2014
Read More Announcements