Kaulunani Urban & Community Forestry Council
Applications for new Members are due October 1st. New Members are approved in November.
Advisory Council Role
The Kaulunani Council acts in an advisory capacity to the State Forester and Smart Trees Pacific, which manages the program on behalf of the State. The Council provides guidance and direction for the Kaulunani program including reviewing the Forest Action Plan and any other documents related to the program for which the Council advice is required. It reviews and recommends for approval projects, subgrants, and educational and marketing initiatives. It also reviews and consults on the annual Federal Program grant proposal, as well as other Federal or non federal funding opportunities as requested.
2018 Meeting Schedule:
February 21, May 17, August 16, November 15
- Leonard Bisel, Council Vice Chair, b+k design group, llc
- Alex Connelly, Kua`aina Ulu `Auamo (KUA), Council Chair
- Steven Connolly, Asplundh
Katie Friday, Associate Pacific Island Forester, USDA Forest Service
- Matthew Gonser, Office of Climate Change, Sustainability and Resiliency, City and County of Honolulu
- Jayme Grzebic, University of Hawaii, Master Gardener Program
- Terri Koike, City & County of Honolulu, Division of Urban Forestry
- Irene Sprecher, Cooperative Forestry Resource Manager, DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife
- Christine Terada, Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, LLP
- Marie Williams, Kauai County Community Planning