2017 Hawaii Invasive Species Awareness Week
The State of Hawaii is hosting the 5th annual Hawaii Invasive Species Awareness Week (HISAW) from February 27th to March 3rd, 2017. HISAW is organized in coordination with the U.S. National Invasive Species Awareness Week (NISAW) and regional Pacific Invasive Species Awareness efforts. HISAW seeks to promote information sharing and public engagement in what the Hawaii State Legislature has declared “the single greatest threat to Hawaii’s economy and natural environment and to the health and lifestyle of Hawaii’s people.”
HISAW Proclamation and Awards Ceremony
Honoring HISC Award Recipients
March 10th, 10:30am-11:30am
Governor’s Ceremony Room
HISAW Events List: MORE INFO
HISAW Student Video Contest: MORE INFO
5th Annual HISC Awards
Recognizing individuals and groups for their outstanding service to Hawaii in the fight against invasive species.
Award Categories & Recipients:
- Community Hero: Recognizes a community member or community-based group that has been a shining example of dedication to prevent and/or manage invasive species.
- Business Leader: Recognizes an individual or business in the private sector that has demonstrated leadership in their role of protecting Hawai‘i from invasive species.
- Greatest Hit: Recognizes an individual, organization, or agency responsible for one of the major invasive species highlights of 2016 in the areas of research, prevention, control, and/or public outreach.
- Hottest Pest Report: Recognizes and individual responsible for reporting a high profile invasive pest.
- County MVP Awards: Recognizes a selected individual from each county who has shown a lasting dedication and passion to managing and controlling invasive species on their individual island.
MORE UPDATES SOON!