The Hawaii Invasive Species Council has released its 2017 report to the legislature, Budgetary and other Issues Relating to Invasive Species. Reporting on actions in State Fiscal Year 2016, the report includes:
- a summary of projects funded by HISC in FY16-17,
- current agency resources & shortfalls relating to invasive species,
- a discussion of the economic costs associated with invasive species in Hawaii,
- a review of 2016 invasive species legislation, and
- advice to the Governor and legislature regarding invasive species.