Land Board – Submittals – 08/24/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of July 27, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of August 10, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service for Providing Mutual Aid in Fire Prevention and Suppression Activities
D. LAND DIVISION
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing Regarding BLNR Agenda Item D-3, January 13, 2012, regarding Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Eric A. Knudsen Trust for Access and Utility Purposes, Poipu, Koloa, Kauai, TMK: (4) 2-8-014:from Parcel 19 (Hapa Road)
- Request for Approval of Special Installment Agreement for Payment of Retroactive Rent under General Lease No. S–4323 to Kalanianaole Real Estate Investments, LLC and FMM LLC, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-1-10:33.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4453, Jonathan P. and Mary Nani Spies, Lessee Lot 24, Panaewa Farm lots, 2nd Series, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii. Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-4-49:08
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4312, Gary J. Rubio and Karen L. Rubio, Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-058:026.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Kaˊanalike, also known as Kaˊanalike*, for Educational Purposes, Kalaoa 4th, North Kona, Hawaii Tax Map Key:3rd/7-3-04:05.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of November 10, 2011, Item D-5, Consent to Sublease of General Lease No. S-5511, New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC, Lessee/Sublessor, to SprintCom, Inc., Sublessee, Humuula, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-9-002:015.
- Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-4701, Randolph Castro, Permittee, Kaupo, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 1-7-002:Por. of 015.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Henry Spencer and Tamara C. Bexton for Access Purposes, Spreckelsville, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: 008 por.
- Quitclaim of State’s Interests, if Any, over the Lane Adjacent to King Street to the City and County of Honolulu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-7-003.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on September 8, 2012,Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Approval in Principle for Issuance of Direct Lease to Waimanalo Health Center for Community Service Purposes; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry; Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 4-1-009:279 and 282.
- Authorization to Hire a Consultant for Remediation of Lead Pellet Contamination at Kaimalino Beach, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK (1)4-4-039:seaward
- Withdrawal of Request for Contested Case Hearing by the Office of Hawaiian Affairs Regarding Agenda Item D-26, December 10, 2004 Meeting; Sale of 65-year Lease at Public Auction of Water Rights for the Use of the ‘Blue Hole’ Diversion and Portions of a Water Transmission System, Lihue-Koloa Forest Reserve (Wailua Section), Wailua, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key No(s). (4) 3-9-001:001 & (4) 3-8-001:001 for Hydropower Generation, Non-Polluting and Non-Consumptive Use.
- Modification of Staff Recommendation in Board Action of January 26, 2001, Item D-8, as Amended, Regarding Sublease Rent Participation Policy. The Purpose of the Modification is to Make the Staff Recommendation Consistent with the Board’s Directives and Practice in Determining the State’s Participation in Sublease Rents. (Statewide)
- Approval in Concept for the Conveyance of the Fee Simple Interest to Hawaii Community Development Authority, Authorize the Chairperson to Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry for Site Management Purposes, Kakaako, Honolulu, Oahu; TMK (1) 2-1-051:041
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papāhanaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Brian Bowen, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Genetic Survey Activities.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Board Will Allow Testimony on Petition for Declaratory Ruling Filed by Trilogy Corporation on July 2, 2012, Regarding Replacement of Pier by Department and Use of Slip by Trilogy Corporation at Manele Boat Harbor, Lanai, Hawaii.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3625 for the Kekaha Landfill (KLF) Phase II Expansion by County of Kaua’i, Department of Public Works at Kaumuali’i Highway, Waimea, Kekaha, Island of Kaua’i, TMK: (4) 1-2-002:009 & (4) 1-2-002:001
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Job No. H10C658B, Wailua River State Park Comfort Station Improvements at Smith’s Landing, Wailua, Kauai, Hawaii
- Certification of Election of Koa Chang as a Director of the Olinda-Kula Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Certification of Elections of David Morgan, Brian Cordero and Richard Towill as Directors of the Windward Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Job No. F75B646C, Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area Parking and Roadway Improvements Kona, Hawaii.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.