Land Board – Submittals – 01/11/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, January 11, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of November 30, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of December 14, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
- Issuance of Special Use Permit No. FW-2013-H-01 to Palani Ranch Company, Inc., Kailua-Kona, HI, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3)-7-4-002:por. 007.And Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Assessment Requirement for the Project.
- Request for Approval of a Forest Reserve Management Plan for Keālia and Moloaʻa Forest Reserve, Kauaʻi.
- Authorization for the Chairperson to Negotiate and Sign a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the State of Hawaiʻi, Department of Defense (DOD), for Access, Conservation Management, and Maintenance Obligations for Former Kulani Correctional Facility Lands, Waiakea, South Hilo, TMK: (3) 2-4-08:09 Por.And Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Subject MOA.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 10, 2007, Item D-2, Sale of Remnant to James G. Page and Judith C. Page, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-9-002:abutting parcel 25.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7818, Donna Nunes-Hoopii, Permittee, Por. Kapaa Town Lots, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-011:010.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7671 to Jeannett Virginia Martins and Request for Waiver of Level One (1) Hazardous Waste Evaluation Requirement, Kapaa Homesteads, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-006:028 and 029.
- Amend Prior Board Action of November 10, 2011, Agenda Item D-3, Sale of Remnant State Land to Herbert P. Ornellas and Lorraine B. Ornellas, Waiakea Homesteads, 1st Series, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-4-46:08 by Changing the Identification of the Land to Acknowledge the Partitioning of the Applicants’ Property.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 8, 2004, Item D-14, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Honomalino-Okoe Community Association, for Access and Utility Purposes, Honomalino & Okoe, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-9-003: portion of 001 & 083, and 8-9-005: portion of 002. Purpose of the Amendment is to Change the Grantee’s Name to Honomalino Bay Property Owners Association.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 13, 2002, Item D-32: Dedication of Land and Grant of Easement to the State of Hawaii by Wailuku Agribusiness Company, Inc., Set Aside to the Department of Education for Playfield Purposes, and Authorize the Issuance of an Access Easement, Waihe’e, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-2-07: Portion of 1. AndAmendment: Change the Name of the Grantor of the Deed and Easement from Wailuku Agribusiness, Company, Inc. to Stanford Carr Development LLC.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to MC&A Inc. for Beach Activities Purposes to be held on January 28, 2013; Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Community Center for Beach Activities Purposes to be held on February 23 and 24, 2013 at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37:portion of 21
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kenton T. Eldridge and Hannelore G. Eldridge for Pier Purposes, Wailupe, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-6-001:021 seaward.
- Consent to Second Amendment to Construction and Operation Agreement under General Lease No. S-3709, Oceanic Institute, Lessee, to Attractions Hawaii, Sublessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-014:004.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Minatoya Real Estate, LLC for Seawall and Steps Purposes; Assess Administrative Costs of $200; Kualoa, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-9-009:seaward of 005.
- Consent to Assign Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5338, Brian Grazer, Trustee of the Brian Grazer Trust of 1995, Assignor, to Thomas McCormick, Trustee of the McCormick US Properties Trust 2012, Assignee, Amend the Easement Conditions by Allowing the Easement to Run With the Abutting Property and Updating the Insurance Provision; Pupukea, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-9-001:038 portion.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Douglas & Kathleen Giannetti for Seawall Purposes, Assess Administrative Costs of $200, Kawailoa, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-1-003:024-0001 seaward.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to West Coast Roofing, Inc. for Seawall Purposes; Assess Administrative Costs of $200, Makaha, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-4-005:seaward of 002.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 14, 2012, Item D-18, Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai and Oahu. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Add a Revocable Permit from the Hawaii District to the Renewal List, Delete Two Revocable Permits from the Maui District from the Renewal List, and Delete One Revocable Permit from the Kauai District from the Renewal List.
E. STATE PARKS
- Requesting Approval for the Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of State Parks to Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Pacific Historic Parks, and to Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate and Approve a Three Year Lease for a Pilot Project for the Operation of an Interpretive and Merchandising Kiosk in Diamond Head State Monument, Oahu
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Annual Report from the University of Hawaii, Institute for Astronomy on the status of the Haleakala High Observatory Site (HO) Management Plan, Pu’u Kolekole, Makawao District, Maui, TMK (2) 2-2-007:008 (non-action item).
- Status Report from the University of Hawaii, Institute for Astronomy on the Implementation of the Programmatic Agreement regarding Conservation District Use Permit MA-3542 for the Advanced Technology Solar Telescope, Haleakala High Observatory Site (HO), Pu’u Kolekole, Makawao District, Maui, TMK (2) 2-2-007:008 and 2-2-007:007 (non-action item).
- Appointment of Alan Gottlieb as West Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Appointment of Lisa Zeman as South Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. B45XM82B, Ma’alaea Small Boat Harbor Ferry Pier Replacement Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
- Issuance of a Concession Agreement to AMPCO System Parking for the Management and Operation of the Automobile Parking Facilities at Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01:portion of 8
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease No. DOT-A-08-0010, Marjet Inc. to George’s Aviation Services, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76:5
- Amendment No. 2 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-11-0005, Retail Concession, DFS Group L.P., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001-019
- Amendment to Prior Land Board Action of April 24, 1998, Under Agenda Item K-1, Regarding Issuance of Leases for State Land for Cement Silo Terminal Operations Together with Easements for Offloading and Transmission of Bulk Cement, Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Ewa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 9-1-14:24, see attached Exhibit “A.”
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease No. DOT-A-09-0060, and State Lease No. DOT-A-09-0061, from DTG Operations, Inc. Hilo International Airport, TMK: (3) 2-1-12: portion of 92
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease No. DOT-A-87-0019, State Lease No. DOT-A-77-0030, Parking Permit No. 96-1248, Parking Permit No. 12-0007, and Revocable Permit No. 6481, from DTG Operations, Inc. dba Dollar Car Rental to Simply Wheelz LLC., Honolulu, International Airport, TMK: (1) 1-1-03: portion of 1
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING. ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meeting
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.