Land Board – Submittals – 01/25/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, January 25, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of December 14, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of January 11, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of Federal Funds Sub-grant to the Nature Conservancy for the Purchase of a Conservation Easement for 3,550 Acres of Land in East Maui, TMK: (2) 2-4-016-004
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Keauhou Volleyball Association for Dinosaur Beach Volleyball Tournament at Kalapaki Beach, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-02: seaward of 2.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Garden Island Canoe Racing Association (GICRA) on Unencumbered State Beach Land for Storage and Staging Areas, for the Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association Championships (HCRAC) and the NaPali Challenge at Hanalei Bay Beach, on August 2nd thru August 4th, 2013, Hanalei, Kauai, portion of TMKs (4) 5-5-001 thru (4) 5-5-005; seaward of 001 thru 005.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Time Warner Cable Inc. for Underground Fiber Optic Utility Cable Purposes and Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry for Construction Purposes, Ooma 1st & Kalaoa 1st – 4th, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: portions of 042 & 091
- Approval in Concept for a Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Ramona Inez Provisor, Eli M Provisor, Erin Roxanne Provisor, Bruce Lee Provisor, and Tarra Dee Provisor, for Vehicular Access Purposes and the Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry to conduct an Environmental Assessment, at Papa Homesteads, Papa 1st, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/8-8-04: portion of parcel 17.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to 3900 WA Associates, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company for Encroachments related to the Presetting of Chairs on the Beach Purposes, Honuaula, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007.
- Approval of Department of Education’s Request: Approval of land use requests and Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to Department of Education for a New High School Campus, Portion of Kula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-002: 081 and (2) 2-2-002: 083.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Envisions Entertainment & Productions, Inc., Hawaii
Representative for Pyro Spectaculars, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes at Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Consent to Revocable Permit between the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism and CBS Corporation/Eye Productions Inc. over Portions of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 4097, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 3-1-042:portion of 009.
- [Intentionally Left Blank]
- Amend Prior Board Action of February 10, 2012, Item D-5, Consent to Mortgage and Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-4298, Walter and Ann Liew, Lessees; by Extending the Time for the Lessee to Comply with the Requirements and Authorizing a Six-Month Holdover; Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-010:003.
- Report and Request for Comments from the Land Board Regarding Concept of Land Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Sand Island Business Association (“SIBA”) for State-Owned Land at Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-5-41: Various, and Privately-Owned Property Yet to be Identified.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of Immediate Construction and Management Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation for Drainage and Flowage Purposes, Waimano, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-7-019:portion of 049.
- Second Resubmittal: Development Agreement Between State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001:(1) Status of Outstanding Delinquencies and Termination of the Development Agreement Between the State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC, for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001(2) (a) Termination of the Development Agreement between the State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC, for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001; or(b) Approval of a modified Development Agreement for a portion of the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:Portion 001
E. STATE PARKS
- Update on the Status of Management and Enforcement Action Taken at Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, Ka’awaloa, Kealakekua, Hawaii.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Presentation on Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary Management Plan Review and joint HEPA/NEPA EIS process
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECREATION
- Request to Issue a Revocable Permit to Ocean Wings, Inc., For the Sale of Ocean Activity Photographs and Videos From a Vehicle at a Location Within Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kealakehe, Honokohau, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-4-08:03 (por.)
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Mobile Food Concession to the Defries Lunch Wagon, LLC , Located at the Waikaea Boat Ramp, Island of Kauai, Kapaa, Hawaii, TMK No. (4) 4-5-6:01
- Request Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment and Approval for the Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for a New Administrative Office at Ke’ehi Small Boat Harbor, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3636 regarding the proposed Landscaping, Land Management and Animal Husbandry by Sharon Geary, located in Ko’olaupoko District, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-032:001
- Consent to Sublease Retail Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-11-0005, DFS Group L.P. to Maui Divers of Hawaii, LTD., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: 19 (portion)
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING. ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meeting
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.