Land Board – Submittals – 07/26/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 26, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of May 10, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of May 24, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of June 13, 2013 Briefing
- Approval of June 14, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to Designate the Kahakapao Recreational Area as a Na Ala Hele Feature Within the Maui Na Ala Hele Trail and Access Program Inventory.
- Request for Authorization to Award, Execute, Amend, and Extend contract(s) to Install Ungulate-Proof Fencing Within in the Puu Waawaa Forest Reserve, TMKs (3) 7-1-01:06 por, (3) 7-1-01:07, por, North Kona, Hawaii And
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for This Project.
- Request Approval of a Forest Stewardship Agreement with Anne Brooke to Participate in the State Forest Stewardship Program, TMK (3) 2-6-010:129, South Hilo District, Island of Hawaii.
- Request Approval to Negotiate and Sign a Contract(s) for the Management of the Department of Land and Natural Resources Youth Conservation Corps Program And
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for This Procurement.
- Request for Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Negotiate, Approve, Execute, Amend, and Extend Right-Of-Entry and Release of Liability Agreement(s) for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife to Conduct Conservation Management Including Invasive Species and Fire Control, Restoration of Native Species, and Monitoring at Ulupalakua Ranch at Auwahi, Maui, Tax Map Key: TMK 1-9:001:006, Por.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request for Issuance of Revocable Permit to Keith Silva for Pasture Purposes, Por. Of Ili of Kikiaola, Waimea, Kauai,Tax Map Key:(4) 1-2-006:018.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-3977, P.I.K.A. INC. Lessee, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, TMK (4) 1-9-005:007.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 820 as Amended by Governor’s Executive Order No. 2321 and Reset Aside to Department of Accounting and General Services for Government Office Purposes, por. of Lihue Town, Lihue, Kauai; Tax Map Key: (4) 3-6-005:001.
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-5996, First United Protestant Church of Hilo, Lessee, to the Trustees of the Estate of Bernice Pauahi Bishop, Sublessee, Piihonua, South Hilo, Hawaii; Tax Map Key: (3) 2-3-027:016.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5330, Masatsu Kawamoto, Eunice M. Kawamoto, and Maverick Masatsu Kawamoto, Assignor, to Jeremy S. Lewis, Assignee, Kahei and Hualua, North Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 5-5-003: 013 & 019.
- Assessment of $500 Fine Against Applicants for Seawall Encroachment; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to CH2, Stephen T. L. Hurwitz, and Robert P. Chancer, for Seawall Encroachment Purposes, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-001: portion of 002.
- Impose a $1,000.00 Fine and $420.00 in Administrative Cost against AUIOCEANACTIVITIES.COM LLC, also known as MAUI OCEAN ACTIVIES.COM LLC, for Unauthorized Commercial Activities Conducted on State Unencumbered Lands at Wailea Beach, Wailea, Honuaula, Maui, at TMK: (2) 2-1-008: Seaward of Parcel 109.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hilton Hawaiian Village, LLC for Open Air Movie Showing Purposes to be held on Wednesday and Saturday in August 2013 at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:portion of 021.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Roughwater Swim Committee, Inc. for a Swim Race Event to be held on September 2, 2013, at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37:por. 21.
- Discussion on the Status of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case No. 12-02279,Hawaii Outdoor Tours, Inc., Debtor, Filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Hawaii, General Lease Nos. S-5844 and S-5372.
The Board may hold a discussion in Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities. NO STAFF SUBMITTAL
E. STATE PARKS
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Ka ‘Ohana O Kalaupapa and Authorization to Construct a Memorial to Honor and Perpetuate the Memory of Those Individuals Who Were Forcibly Relocated to Kalaupapa Peninsula from 1866 to 1969, Kalaupapa National Historic Park,Kalawao, Moloka‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 6-1-001: 002 (por.).
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue an Amendment to Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit, PMNM-2012-049, issued to Dr. Robert Toonen, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, and Dr. Christopher Bird, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Intertidal Biodiversity Survey Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue an Amendment to Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit, PMNM-2012-52, issued to Ms. Shauna Kēhaunani Springer, Nā Maka o Papahānaumokuākea, for Access to State Waters to Use Traditional Ecological Knowledge to Examine Intertidal Ecosystems.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3666 for Deviation of the Minimum Setback in Regards to a Proposed Garage and Accessory Structures at an Existing Residence Located at Honolulu, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-3-029:036.
- Issuance of a Direct Cargo Facility Lease Able Freight Services, Inc. Kona International Airport at Keahole Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 003.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Agreement to Group 70 International, Inc., 3129 Ualena Street Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-14-103 (portion):113:114.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Agreement to So Ono Good Products, LLC., 3129 Ualena Street Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-14-103 (portion):113:114.
- Issuance of a Heliport Lease Helicopter Consultants of Maui, Inc., DBA Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, Lihue Airport Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01:portion of 8.
- Amendment to Prior Board Action of February 8, 2013, Item M-3, Issuance of a Direct Lease to K.W. Auto Body, LLC, to Delete the Specific Termination Date and to Revise the Property Description TMK: (1) 1-1-04:06.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.