Land Board – Submittals – 09/27/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of June 28, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of July 12, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of July 26, 2013 Briefing
- Approval of August 9, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of August 23, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Goodfellow Bros., Inc., for Removal of Sand from Mānā Plains Forest Reserve for Wetland Restoration at Mānā, Waimea, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-002:Portion 001.
- Approval of Memorandum of Understanding Between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the Keʻanae Koʻolau Sportsman Club for Management of a Traditional Agriculture and Cultural Demonstration Project at Keʻanae Arboretum, Koʻolau Forest Reserve, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-002:Portion 002.Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, HRS Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Project.Request for Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Negotiate, Approve, and Execute Memorandum of Understanding, Right-of-Entry and Release of Liability Agreements, for Keʻanae Koʻolau Sportsman Club for Management of a Traditional Agriculture and Cultural Demonstration Project at Keʻanae Arboretum.
- Request Approval of the Puʻu Makaʻala Natural Area Reserve Management Plan, Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment for the Subject Plan and Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact for the Proposed Project, TMKs 1-8-12:03, 1-99-01:1, 2-4-8:19, 2-4-8:25(portion), and 2-4-008:09(portion).
Attachment: [Final EA]
D. LAND DIVISION
- After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to The Waipa Foundation on Unencumbered Lands for Cultural and Educational Purposes, portion of Hanalei (makai), Hanalei, Kauai, identified as the beach makai of TMK (4) 5-5-001:009.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5411, Helena K. Andrade, Assignor, to ‘Oli Kawahine’aukai Yamada, Assignee, Kikala and Keokea, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-2-043:011.
- Consent to Extension of Lease Term Pursuant to Act 207, Session Laws of Hawaii 2011, General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12:26.
- After-the Fact Consent to Assignment of Grant of Easement No. S-4553 from Owens Mortgage Investment Fund, to Savio Waiakea Village LLC, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-2-31: por. for landscape easement and Road Lots A and B adjacent to parcel 12.After-the-Fact Consent to Mortgage, Grant of Easement No. S-4553, Savio Waiakea Village LLC, Grantee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 2-2-31: por. for landscape easement and Road Lots A and B adjacent to parcel 12.
- Consent to Lease Term Extension Pursuant to Act 207, Session Laws of Hawaii 2011, General Lease No. S-3603, Jieyu Shepard, Lessee; Amendment of Terms and Conditions Regarding Allowed Use, Assignment and Sublease Provisions for General Lease No. S-3603; Lot 41, Kanoelehua Industrial Lots, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-049:015 & 016.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3244 and Reset Aside to Department of Education for Teachers’ Cottage Purposes, Paalaea 1 & 2, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 4-5-001:011.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of June 9, 2006, Item D-4, Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-5136, Felisa S. Kaniho, Assignor, to Leonard Naboa, Sr., Assignee, Milolii-Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-9-014:022.Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5136, Felisa S. Kaniho, Assignor, to Olana Halena Kaiwi, Assignee, Milolii-Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-9-014:022.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Envisions Entertainment & Productions, Inc., Hawaii Representative for Pyro Spectaculars, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes at Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to T.J. Gomes Trucking Co., Inc. for the Installation of Temporary Shoreline Erosion Protection Measures at Kaanapali, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-4-013:008.
- Impose a $1,000.00 Fine and $580.00 in Administrative Costs Against Maui Kayaks Inc., for Unauthorized Commercial Activities Conducted on State Unencumbered Lands at Olowalu, Lahaina, Maui, at TMK: (2) 4-8-003:001.
- Request for Mutual Termination, Leki, Incorporated, Lessee, General Lease No. 3983, Waialee, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK (1) 5-8-001:051.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Department of the Army, by its Family Morale Welfare and Recreation Program for Beach Activities Purposes to be held on October 5, 2013 at Haleiwa, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-2-003:Seaward of 010.
- Request to amend prior Board action of March 8, 2013, Item D-8, approval of the modification and assignment of the Development Agreement or alternatively, termination of the original Development Agreement dated November 24, 2010, and all development rights thereunder; for a portion of the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:Portion 001. The purpose of the amendment is to modify certain milestones, benchmark deadlines and other terms and conditions previously approved by the Board.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request Authorization for the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Lunalilo Trust, Queen Liliʻuokalani Trust, Queen’s Health Systems, Trustees of the Estate ofBernice Pauahi Bishop, Charles Reed Bishop Trust, and Abigail K.K. Kawânanakoa Foundation for the Purpose of Maintaining, Renovating, and Repairing the Royal Mausoleum at Mauna ‘Ala, Nu‘uanu, O‘ahu; TMK: (1) 2-2-021: 012.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Drs. Christopher Winn and Samuel Kahng, Hawaiʻi Pacific University, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Seawater Carbon Research Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Mr. Naʻalehu Anthony, Paliku Films, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Filming of Natural and Cultural Elements Activities.
- Approval to Enter Supplemental Contract for Grant-in Aid Agreement With The Oceanic Institute for Feed Mill Laboratory, Hawaii.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to Air Ambulance Specialists, Inc. Honolulu International Airport, TMK: (1) 1-1-72: 22.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.