Land Board – Submittals – 10/11/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of June 28, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of July 12, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of July 26, 2013 Briefing
- Approval of August 9, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of August 23, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Amendment for Board Action Item C-3 Passed on July 26, 2013 Related to the Anne Brooke Forest Stewardship Project and Cost Share Support.
- Request Approval of a Forest Stewardship Agreement with Saiva Siddhanta Church to Participate in the State Forest Stewardship Program, TMK (4) 3-9-002:001, Wailua District, Island of Kauai.
- Request Approval of a Forest Stewardship Agreement with Kaupakuea Orchards, LLC to Participate in the State Forest Stewardship Program, TMKS (3) 2-8-003-009 and (3) 2-8-003-010, Hamakua District, Island of Hawaii.
- Progress Briefing for Research Projects, Educational Tours and Administrative Challenges of the Hawaiʻi Experimental Tropical Forest, Hawaiʻi (TMK’S (3) 3-7-001:002; (3) 3-7-001:012; (3) 7-1-001:001; (3) 7-1-001:004; (3) 7-1-001:006; (3) 7-1-001:007; (3) 7-1-002:001; (3) 7-1-002:013; (3) 7-1-002:002; (3) 7-1-002:008)
D. LAND DIVISION
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7681 to West Maui Center, LLC., and Request for Waiver of Level One (1) Hazardous Waste Evaluation Requirement, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-007:007.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hilton Hawaiian Village LLC for Beach Volleyball Event Purposes for November 15 to 18, 2013, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Consent to Merger of Oceanic Institute into Hawaii Pacific University, Mutual Termination of General Lease No. 3709, Oceanic Institute, Lessee; Issuance of Direct Lease to Hawaii Pacific University for Scientific Research and Public Exhibiting Facilities of Marine Life, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-014:004.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Global Spring Management Hawaii, LLC for Rock Blanket Purposes; Assess Administrative Cost of $500, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-3-003:Seaward of 065.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 13, 2002, Item D-9 by Changing the Applicant from Yamashiro Investments & Yoshiko Yamashiro, Trustee of the Yoshiko Yamashiro Trust to Yamashiro Investments, and the Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement of Seawall Purposes, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-018: 069 Seaward.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kahaluu Pond, Inc. for Seawall Purposes, Kahaluu, Koolaupoko, Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-7-001: Seaward of 001.
- Set Aside to the Department of Education for a Public School Site and Right-of-Entry Permit for Planning Purposes at East Kapolei, Ewa-Honouliuli, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-07: 106.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval for Delegation of Signature Authority to the DLNR Chairperson for a Memorandum of Agreement between DLNR, NOAA Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, and Niihau Ranch LLC for the purpose of Coordination to Support the Possible Inclusion of the Coastal and Nearshore Areas around Niihau as part of the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary.
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request for Final Approval to Adopt Amendments and Compile Hawaii Administrative Rules, Title 13, Subtitle 11, Chapter 13-230, Sections 13-230-4 Penalties and Prosecution (Violation and Administrative Penalties); 230-8 Definitions (Civil Union, Civil Union Partner, Dormant Vessel, Personal Partner, Reciprocal Beneficiary, Spouse, Stay Aboard, Tahiti Moor, Temporary Mooring, Temporary Permittee); 13-230-21 Definitions (Personal Partner); 13-230-22 Twelve-Month Rule (Corrected Citation); 13-230-25 Particular Categories (Legal Relationships); 13-230-27 Permittee Required to Report Change of Residence (Residence Off-Island and Assumption of Obligations to Others); 13-230-28 Appeals (Corrected Citation).
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract and Declaration of Exemption from Environmental Assessment Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for: Job No. 500BK54F, Stream Mouth Maintenance at Various Locations, Kauai, Hawaii.
- Request Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment and Approval for the Issuance of Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for a Proposed Central Maui Regional Park, Kahului, Maui, Hawaii.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to Tire Station, Inc., 2895 Ualena Street Honolulu International Airport TMK: (1) 1-1-04:10.
- Issuance of an Advertising Concession Agreement at State Airports Within the state of Hawaii Tax Map Key:
1st Division – 1-1-03: Portion of 1 (Honolulu)
3rd Division – 7-3-43: Portion of 1 (Kona at Keahole)
3rd Division – 2 -1-12: Portion of 9 (Hilo)
2nd Division – 3-8-01: Portion of 19 (Kahului)
2nd Division – 2-4-03: Portion of 1 (Kapalua)
2nd Division – 4-9-02: Portion of 41 (Lanai)
2nd Division – 5-2-04: Portion of 8 (Molokai)
4th Division – 3-5-01: Portion of 8 (Lihue)
- Rescission of Prior Board Action of November 9, 2012 Under Item M-5 Consenting to an Assignment of State Lease Nos. DOT-A-96-0029, DOT-A-05-0007, DOT-A-06-0012, and DOT-A-09-0003 from Helicopter Consultants of Maui, Inc. to Branford Castle, Inc. Consent to Assignment of State Lease Nos. DOT-A-96-0029, DOT-A-05-007, DOT-A-06-0012, and DOT-A-09-0003 From Helicopter Consultants of Maui, Inc. to Blue Hawaiian Holdings, LLC. TMK: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 19 (Maui); TMK: (1) 1-1-72:79 (Oahu); TMK: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8 (Kauai).
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.