Land Board – Submittals – 07/11/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 11, 2014
TIME: 01:00 P.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 11, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of May 9, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of May 23, 2014 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval to Extend Access Restrictions to Portions of ʻĀhihi-Kīnaʻu Natural Area Reserve, Maui, for a Period of Up to Two Years (August 1, 2014-July 31, 2016).
- Request for Approval to Enter Into a Mutual Aid Agreement With the Kauaʻi Fire Department to Outline the Firefighting and Fire Suppression Capabilities of Each Agency and Specify The Cooperation and Assistance Each May Provide to the Other When Called Upon to Assist During Fire Suppression Activities.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service, for Forest Data Collection Purposes, at Kalapana, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: (3) 1-2-008:001.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the County of Hawaiʻi onto State Lands of the Former HGP-A Energy Plant Site at Kapoho, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-4-001:082.
- Grant of a 55-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Wesley and Diane Hickey for Seawall Purposes, Waiohuli-Kēōkea Homesteads & Beach Lots, Kīhei, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-010: Seaward of 006.
- Amend of Prior Land Board Action of August 9, 2013, Agenda Item D-9, “Amendment of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Land Office Deed No. S-27836 to Trustees of the Papakea Seawall Easement Trust, on Behalf of the Papakea Association of Apartment Owners, Maintenance and Repair of Existing Seawall and Landscaping of the Easement Area Purposes, Honokōwai, Kaʻanapali, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-1-001: Seaward of 055. The Amendment is to Include an Additional 943 Square Foot Seawall Encroachment Area, and to Allow the Easement to ‘Run with the Land’.”The Proposed Amendment is to Correct Tax Map Key No. from (2) 4-1-001: Seaward of 055 to (2) 4-4-001 Seaward of 055.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Clifford J. Tillotson and Renee Tillotson for CRM Wall, Landscaping Area, Floating Dock, and Concrete Pier Purposes; Assess Administrative Cost of $500 and Fine of $500, Kāneʻohe, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-022:Seaward of 007.
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No.4403 and Reset Aside to Agribusiness Development Corporation for Agriculture Purposes, Waikele, ʻEwa, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-4-012:001 and 003.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Randall Kosaki, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Surveys of Deep Coral Reefs. Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Project.
- Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources (Board) to Enter into a Contract for Goods and Services with the University of Hawaii for the Purpose of Performing Ecological Monitoring Surveys that will be Conducted Before and After the Installation of Day Use Mooring Buoys in Hilo Bay and at Existing Buoys Along the Kona Coast.
- Approval to Enter Into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Hawaiʽi Department of Agriculture Regarding Funding for the Soil and Water Conservation Districts Program, Statewide.
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, Job No. C00CO91B, ʻᾹnuenue Fisheries Research Center, Maintenance and Electrical Upgrades, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi.
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, Job No. H56C692A, Kokeʻe and Wailua RiverState Park Energy Efficiency and Conservation Projects, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi.
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, Job No. H56C722A, Hāpuna Beach State Park Energy Efficiency and Conservation Projects, Kona, Hawaiʻi.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Construction Field Office, Bowers + Kubota Consulting, Inc., Diamond Head Extension, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:042 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Porter Service Office, S A S Services Group, Inc., ʻEwa Domestic Extension, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:058 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Mayes, Bruce J. and Carlene J. , Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 20.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Yamashita, Bruce N. and Sheri K., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 20.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Isaac C. Cope Jr, and Robin F. Cope, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 21.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Brown Development LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Guillermo Coscarelli, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Steven Chaikin, Molokai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-2-004: Portion of 08.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Hawaiʻi Pacific University, Hawaiʻi Lifestyle Retail Properties LLC and Swinerton Builders to Provide Ingress and Egress for Forklifts, Roll-off Trucks and Other Equipment for the Performance of Additional Demolition and Construction Work at the Aloha Tower Marketplace and to Provide Pedestrian Access to Customers of the Aloha Tower Marketplace during the Period of Demolition and Construction, situated at Piers 8 and 9, Honolulu Harbor, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-001:001 and 063 (Portion).
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Department of Agriculture, Kalihi-Kai, Honolulu, Island of Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-025:011 (Por.), 085, and 100.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.