Land Board – Submittals – 02/27/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, February 27, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of October 24, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of November 14, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of Janauary 09, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of January 23, 2015 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Review of Project Recommendations for Funding from the Fiscal Year 2015 Legacy Land Conservation Program (Land Conservation Fund) and Approval of the Following Grants:
Kaluanono at Waipā; Waipā Foundation, at $398,250 for Purchase of 1.8 Acres in Hanalei, Island of Kauaʻi;
Ka Iwi Coast Mauka Lands; Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, at $1,000,000 for Acquisition of 181.14 Acres in Koʻolaupoko, Island of Oʻahu;
Waiʻopae; County of Hawaiʻi, at $1,330,000 for Acquisition of 322.167 Acres in Puna, Island of Hawaiʻi;
Puaʻahala Watershed Acquisition; Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, at $855,625 for Acquisition of 800 Acres in Kamalō, Island of Molokaʻi;
Kaluaʻaha Ranch Conservation Easement; Molokaʻi Land Trust, at $500,000 for Acquisition of a Conservation Easement Over 969 Acres in Molokaʻi District, Island of Molokaʻi; and
Pūpūkea Mauka; Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, at $416,125, for Acquisition of 3,716 Acres in Waiālua, Island of Oʻahu.
- Request for Approval of Federal Funds Sub-Grant to the County of Hawaiʻi for the Fee Acquisition of 3,128 Acres of Land in Kahuku, Kaʻū, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key Number (3) 9-2-001:075.
- Request Authorization for the Chairperson to Negotiate, Sign, Execute, and Amend a Memorandum of Agreement with the Edmund C. Olson Trust No. 2 for the Establishment of a Public Access Route to the Kaʻū Forest Reserve, Kaʻū, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-5-015:001 and
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Subject Memorandum of Agreement
- Request Approval for a Three Year Lease Extension of the Cooperative Game Development and Management Agreement Between Lānaʻi Resorts LLC., DBA Pūlama Lānaʻi, and the Department of Land and Natural Resources, for the Purpose of Maintaining and Managing Public Hunting Areas and Approval to Extend by Mutual Agreement of the Parties.
- Intentionally Left Blank.
- Approve a One-Year Holdover for General Lease No. 3269 and Subsequent Issuance of Month-to-Month Revocable Permit, to Lessee Country Club-Hawaiʻi, Inc., at Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-005:020.
- Authorize a One-Year Holdover of General Lease Nos. 3265, 3266, 3267 and S-4252, to be Immediately Followed by the Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit, to Lessee Hilo Bay Hotel, Inc., at Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-005:033, 034, 035 and 045.
- Authorize One-Year Holdover of General Lease No. S-3155 and Subsequent Issuance of Month-to Month Revocable Permit-to Lessee Maya Nicole Baylac, and Issuance of a Bill of Sale Transferring All Improvements Upon the Premises to the Lessee, Ocean View Lease Lots, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-007:021.
- Deny Lessee’s Request for a One-Year Holdover and the Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit, of General Lease No. 3156, Michael F. and Dora Lee Rudolph, Lessee, Ocean View Lease Lots, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-007:022.
- Deny Lessee’s Request for a One-Year Holdover and the Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit, of General Lease No. 3157, Natalie Marie McKeen, Lessee, Ocean View Lease Lots, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-007:023.
- Authorize One-Year Holdover of General Lease No. S-3164, Electrical Workers, Local 1260 Building Trust, Lessee; Subsequent Issuance of Revocable Permit; and Issuance of a Bill of Sale Transferring All Improvements Upon the Premises to the Lessee, Ocean View Lease Lots, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-007:030.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 12, 2014, Item D- 7, “Grant a 65-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Summit Biofuel LLC for an Underground Transmission Pipeline to Transfer Biofuels from Cargo Ships to an Off-Site Privately-Owned Storage Facility, Hilo Harbor, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, TMK: (3) 2-1-009: portion of parcels 007 & 031.” And
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assignment of Grant of Easement No. S-4105, Michael W. Gibson, Timothy E. Johns, and B.G. Moynahan, Successor Trustees of the Richard Smart Revocable Personal Trust dated August 3, 1978, Assignor, via Mesne Assignments to Mark D. O’Brien and Nicole O’Brien, Assignee; Amendment of Grant of Easement No. S-4105 to Allow the Easement to “Run with the Land” and be Assignable without the Prior Written Consent of the Board of Land and Natural Resources Puʻukapu, Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaiʻi , Tax Map Key: (3) 6-4-001: portion of 060.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kuahiwi Contractors, Inc., dba: Kuahiwi Ranch for Water Pipeline Purposes, Kaiholena, Kaʻū, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-7-001:001 & 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui Community Theater dba Maui Onstage at Waiohuli-Kēōkea Beach Homesteads, Kīhei, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-009: Portion of 011.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to MC&A Inc. for Team Building Sand Sculpting Beach Activity Event, at Kapalua, Lāhainā, Maui, Hawaiʻi: Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Ale’ale’a, LLC, dba Feast at Lele to Access State Unencumbered Lands for the Removal of Shoreline Encroachments at Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-002: Seaward of 007.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Wilton Allen Doane, Jr. and Christina Dao Doane for Pier Purposes; Amend Prior Board Action of December 12, 2014, Item D-26; (Issuance of Revocable Permit to Tokyo News Service, Ltd; Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-7589); Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-6-001: seaward of 017. And
- Authorize the Chairperson to Consent Regarding the Removal of Trees on the Lease Premises; General Lease No. 5478; Office of Hawaiian Affairs, Lessee, Haleiwa, Waiālua, Oʻahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 6-6-009:023.
- Denial of Request for Contested Case by Jacqueline Gardner Regarding Transfer of an Offshore Mooring Permit (Permit No. RMO10837) at Nawiliwili Harbor, Island of Kauai.
- Denial of Jacqueline Gardner’s Request for Transfer of an Offshore Mooring Permit (Permit No. RMO10837) Held by Earl Edwards (Deceased) at Nawiliwili Harbor, Island of Kauai.
- Request Approval to Initiate Rule-Making Proceedings, Including Public Hearing, to Amend Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) §13-256-93 and to Repeal HAR §§13-256-94 to 97 in Order to Revise Thrill Craft Zones and Restrictions within Ke‘ehi Lagoon, Island of O‘ahu. (Exhibit-A)
The rules can be reviewed online at: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/draft-rules/ or can be reviewed in person at any small boat harbor from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
K. COASTAL LANDS
- After-The-Fact Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3711 Regarding the August and Veronica Monge Existing Rock Seawall, Located at Hauʻula, in the Koʻolauloa District, Island of Oʻahu, Seaward of Tax Map Key: (1) 5-4-003:035.
- Conservation District Enforcement Case (ENF) KA-14-58 Regarding Alleged Unauthorized Construction and Unauthorized Landscaping, by Norman J. Caris, Located in the ʻAliomanu Estates, Kawaihau District, Island of Kauaʻi, on Tax Map Key: (4) 4-9-005:027.
- Request Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment and Approval for the Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the Department of Land and Natural Resources Administrative Building, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaiʻi.
- Amendment to Extend Lease Term from September 30, 2027 to September 30, 2029 to Prior Board Action Taken November 14, 2014 Under Item M-2, Amendment No. 22 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-92-0018, Restaurant and Lounge Concession at Honolulu International Airport to Extend Lease Term Under Provision of Act 46, Session Laws of Hawai’i 2012, as Amended by Act 126, Session Laws of Hawai’i 2014, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03:001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement for Underground Power Line Easements for an Electrical Power Distribution Substation Facility, Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03-001 (Portions). (Exhibit-A)
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Staging and Construction Field Office, Index Builders, Inc., Various Spaces Located at Honolulu Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portions).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Park a Storage Container, Ja-Mar Industries, Inc., Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oʻahu, State of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13:032 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.