Land Board – Submittals – 10/09/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, October 9, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of June 12, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of June 26, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of July 10, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of July 24, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of August 14, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of August 28, 2015 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct Hearings for a Contested Case Hearing Regarding Administrative and Civil Penalties Pursuant to Chapter 195, Hawaii Revised Statutes, to Ahiu Hawaii LLC for Violations of Chapter 13-209, Hawaii Administrative Rules, at Kahauale’a Natural Area Reserve, Puna, Hawaii, TMK (3) 3-1-001:001
- Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding Between the Kokeʻe Resource Conservation Program, Garden Isle Resource Conservation & Development, Inc., and the Department of Land and Natural Resources to Conduct Invasive Species Removal and Monitoring on State Lands on Kauaʻi, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-2:01:02, (4) 3-9:01:01, (4) 1-4:01:03, (4) 1-4:01:13, (4) 5-9:01:01, (4) 5-9:01:02, (4) 5-9:01:16, (4) 1-4:01:14, (4) 1-4:01:20, (4) 1-2:01:06
- Denial of Petitions for Contested Case Hearing Relating to the Adoption of Emergency Rule § 13-123-21.2 Hawaii Administrative Rules, on July 10, 2015 Filed by:
D. LAND DIVISION
- Sale of Remnant Lateral Ditch No. 11 to Hafiz Heartsun and Chandra Radiance, por. of Kapaʻa Homesteads, 4th Series, Kawaihau, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key:(4) 4-6-009:005.
- RESUBMITTAL: Amend Prior Board Action of April 25, 2008, Item D-8, Grant of Easement to Benjamin Konshak, Claude L. Harris, Jr., and Greeley West Corporation for Access Purposes, Kaiaʻakea, North Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-4-003: Portion of 011.
Purpose of the amendment is to change the grantee from Konshak, Harris & Greeley West Corp, to the Maulua Homesteads Owners’ Association, and to include an immediate right-of-entry to the Maulua Homesteads Owner’s Association.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to American Forest Management, Inc., Onto Unencumbered State Lands for Access Purposes, at Kamoauau, Hāmākua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 4-3-006:012.
- Amend General Lease No. S-6076, Water Board of the County of Hawaii (WBCH), Lessee, to Include Within the Lease Premises a Right of Ingress and Egress Over a Portion of Land Office Deed No. S-28,237, a Perpetual Non-exclusive Easement for Electric Transmission Line Purposes to the Hawaii Electric Light Company, Inc.; Authorize an Immediate Right-of-entry to WBCH Over a Portion of Land Office Deed No. S-28,237 While Lease Amendment Document is Processed, Lālāmilo, South Kohala, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 6-6-01:02 por., 71 & 76.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 28, 2011, To include a Pipeline C and to Approve Easement Form Relating to the Amendment and Restatement of Grant of Easement No. S-27,613 to Napuʻu Water, Inc. for Water Transmission and Storage Purposes, Puʻuwaʻawaʻa, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-1-001: portion of 006.
The purpose of the amendment is to: 1) delete Condition 2.B., which allowed DOFAW to tap into the Napuʻu Water pipeline to service an existing DOFAW standpipe, and 2) delete Conditions #15 and #24 of the Amendment & Restatement document.
- Grant of a 55-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Apartment Owners of (AOAO) Milowai-Māʻalaea for Seawall Purposes, Māʻalaea Beach Lots, Waikapū, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-014: Seaward 022.
- Consent to Mortgage, General Lease No. S-3980, Brian Lester Sakamaki, Donna J. Walden, as Trustee under that unrecorded Donna J. Walden Revocable Living Trust dated September 14, 1988, and Giampaolo Paul Boschetti, Lessees, Makiki, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-4-029:066.
E. STATE PARKS
- Consent to Transfer of General Lease No. S-5304 to Blanche Soga by Succession, Ahupuaʻa O Kahana State Park, Lot No. 27 C, Kahana, District of Ko‘olauloa, City and County of Honolulu, State of Hawai‘i Tax Map Key: (1) 5-2-005:023.
- Request for Approval of a Permit Application for Mr. James K. Mawae for Netting Activities within Area 1A Only, in Kaunakakai Harbor, Molokaʻi (10/1/2015 – 9/30/2016); and Request to Delegate to the Chairperson the Authority to Approve Future Kaunakakai Harbor Fisheries Management Area Netting Permits.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Approval to Adopt Amendments to Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR), Title 13, Section 256-152, Kahaluʻu Bay, in Order to Update Location Designations, Limit Commercial Surf Instruction, and Revise Swim and Surf Zone Restrictions Within Kahaluʻu Bay.
The rules can be reviewed online at: http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative-rules/ and http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/draft-rules/, or can be reviewed in person at any small boat harbor from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays. Location and contact information for DOBOR offices is available online at: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/contact/.
- Issuance of Easement to Hawaii Fueling Facilities Corporation for Construction, Access, and Maintenance of Monitoring/Recovery Wells and Interceptor Trench at the Keʻehi Small Boat Harbor, Tax Map Key No. (1) 1-2-025:113.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- The Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands will brief the Board of Land and Natural Resources on its Overall Functions with respect to Coastal Lands.
No decisions will be made/ No staff submittal .
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. F75C646E, Hāpuna Beach State Recreation Area Phase 3 Park Improvements and Repairs, South Kohala, Island of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiʻi.
- Contested Case Regarding: Application for Geothermal Exploration Permit Hualālai West Rift Zone, Hawaii.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit Aircraft Parking, Island Aero, LLC, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit Aircraft Parking, Yaron Shilomo, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease for Land for a Hangar and Facilities Lease, Guardian Flight, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar, Michael J. Lauro DBA Tropicbird Fight Service, Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 003.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.