Land Board Submittals – 08/26/16
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, August 26, 2016
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of July 22, 2016 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Authorization to Negotiate, Execute, and Amend a Contract(s) to Furnish and Deliver Two Trucks for the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Hawaiʻi Island.
- Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for Vessel Support for Marine Debris Removal from Kure Atoll.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Assign Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement under Land Office Deed No. S-28,372, Franklin C. Wheeler, III and Cynthia J. Shanholt, Assignors, to Opal Point Holdings VI LLC, Assignee, Puʻuwaʻawaʻa, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-1-002: portion of 008.
Amend Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement under Land Office Deed No. S-28,372, to add provision to allow easement to “run with the land,” thereby authorizing future assignments without the written consent of the Board of Land and Natural Resources, Puʻuwaʻawaʻa, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-1-002: portion of 008.
- Consent to Mortgage of Sublease K-15 with Estoppel Certificate of General Lease No. S-5619, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaiʻi Authority (NELHA), Lessee, Keāhole Point Hatcheries LLC (KPH), Sublessee/Mortgagor, Ulupono Holdings LLC, Mortgagee, ʻOʻoma 1st, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:092.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5188, Brad Radcliffe Anderson, Cord Dominis Anderson, and D.G. Anderson, Assignors, to Kona ABC LLC, Assignee, ʻAuhaukeaʻē 2nd, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-009: 043.
Consent to Limited Assignment of LLC Interest (Kona ABC LLC), Lessee under General Lease No. S-5188, by Brad Radcliffe Anderson, Cord Dominis Anderson, and D.G. Anderson, Assignors, to LSREF2 OREO (DIRECT), LLC, Assignee, ʻAuhaukeaʻē 2nd, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-009: 043.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Federal Aviation Administration onto Unencumbered State Lands of the Old Hilo Airport, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-012:041.
- Request by Kyle Gusman Regarding Assignment of Interest of Lloyd Abreu (Deceased), Co-Lessee in General Lease No. S-4524, a pasture lease, to Kyle Gusman, and for Extension of General Lease No. S-4524, Kawaipapa and Wākiu, Hāna, Maui; Tax Map Key No. (2) 1-3-006:007.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiʻi Amateur Surfing Association for a Youth Surf Competition at Haneoʻo, Hāmoa, Hāna, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-4-007: seaward of 009.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Na Wahine O Ke Kai, for Event Staging, Operations and Storage Purposes Related to the 2016, Hawaiian Airlines, Na Wahine O Ke Kai Canoe Race; Hale O Lono, Kaluakoʻi, Molokaʻi, Tax Map Key (2) 5-1-002: 012 por.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to IUCN Oceania Regional Office for Vaka Arrival for the Moana Pasifika Voyage to be held on September 1, 2016, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portion of 021.
- Amend Board Action of February 22, 2013, Item D-11, as amended by Board Action of July 24, 2015, Item D-12; Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Maunalua Fishpond Heritage Center for Scientific Study, Educational, and Conservation Purposes, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-002:018 & 077.
The Amendment is to Request a further Extension to the Right-of-Entry Permit Approved at the Prior Meetings.
- Set Aside to City and County of Honolulu for Parks Purposes, Nānākuli, Waiʻanae, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-7-006:028 and 8-7-008:074.
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Island of Oʻahu. See Exhibit 2 for list of Revocable Permits. (EXHIBIT 2 ATTACHED)
E. STATE PARKS
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Michael Fernandes and Leland Fernandes, for Pasture Purposes, Lot 22, Wailua Rice and Kula Lots, Wailua, Līhuʻe, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-004:008.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Michael Fernandes and Leland Fernandes, for Pasture Purposes, Lot 24, Wailua Rice and Kula Lots, Wailua, Līhuʻe, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-004:001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Mary Thronas, Trustee of the Mary Thornas Trust, For Pasture Purposes, Lot 23-A and 23-B, Wailua Rice and Kula Lots, Wailua, Līhuʻe, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-2-003:003.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 12, 2003, Agenda Item D-34, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Sally Zukeron Trust for Masonry and Concrete Block Walls Purposes, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-035:023.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Informational Briefing on the Finalization of the Management Plan for the Hā‘ena Community-Based Subsistence Fishing Area. Hā‘ena, Kauaʻ (Non-Decision Making Item)
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approve Mediated Settlement of Rent Dispute of General Lease No. H-82-4 to GKM, Inc., Lessee, Located at Honokōhau Boat Harbor, in Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key (3) 7-4-008:042.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3767 for a Single Family Residence and Related Improvements by Ken Church Located at Wailea, South Hilo, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key (3) 2-9-003: 060 and a portion of 029.
- Approval to Authorize the Department of Transportation, Harbors Division to Subdivide, Through both the City and the Land Court, the 28.026-acre Land Area Located at Honolulu Harbor, Immediately off Nimitz Highway, Between Piers 24 and 29, Under a Joint Development Agreement with the City. Tax Map Key 1-5-038:011 (various).
- Authorize One-Year Holdover of Harbor Lease No. H-79-5 to Matson Terminals, Inc., Situated at the Sand Island Container Complex Piers 51 to 53, Honolulu Harbor, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key No. (1) 1-5-41.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Juliet Charlie Leasing Corp., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Amendment No. 1 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-11-0010 for the Purpose of Adding a Service Counter, Speedishuttle, LLC, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: 42 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Office Space, Allegiant Air, LLC, Diamond Head Extension, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 042 (Portion).
- Amendment No. 12 to Travelers Services Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-03-0001, Lenlyn Limited dba Ice Currency Services USA, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 050.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Employee Breakroom and Office, Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-1-003: 057 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.Hawaiʻi.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.