Land Board Submittals – 05/12/17
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
No Minutes to Approve.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Approve grants from available funds in the Land Conservation Fund, as requested in applications to the fiscal year 2017 Legacy Land Conservation Program, for:
B. Division of Forestry and Wildlife, $738,346 for the acquisition of 4,469.58 acres at Kūka‘iau and Koholālele, Hāmākua, Hawai‘i (Addition to Mauna Kea Forest Reserve, Upper Kūka‘iau Ranch Acquisition); and
Declare that each approved award of Fiscal Year 2017 grant funds for the acquisition of interests in specific parcels of land is exempt from the preparation of an environmental assessment, pursuant to Sections 343-5 and 343-6, Hawai‘i Revised Statutes and Section 11-200- 8, Hawai‘i Administrative Rules.
2. Request to extend the closure of Kahauale‘a Natural Area Reserve, Kahauale‘a, Puna, Hawai‘i Island, to the public, pursuant to Hawai‘i Administrative Rules § 13-209-4.5, for public safety purposes, Tax Map Key: 1-2-008-001 and Tax Map Key: 3-1-001-001: (portion)
3. Request approval to authorize the Chairperson to negotiate and enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with MVI, LLC for public access through Tax Map Key: (2) 3-6-001: portion 018 to the Lahaina Pali Trail, Maui.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of- Entry Permit to Endurance Events USA onto State Lands Encumbered by Governor’s Proclamation Dated January 3, 1923, Waiakea Forest Reserve, Upper Waiakea Forest Reserve and Hilo Reserve; Governor’s Executive Order No. 1288; Mauna Loa Forest and Game Reserve; Governor’s Proclamation Dated May 2, 1938, Mauna Kea Forest Reserve; Governor’s Executive Order No. 1398, Kaohe Game Management Area; and General Lease No. S-5373, Harold F. Rice, Jr., Lessee, for the Purpose of Hosting a Portion of the Mauna 2 Mauna Ultra Marathon Footrace, South Hilo, North Hilo, Hamakua and South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 2-4-008:001, (3) 2-6-018:010, (3) 2-6-018:004, (3) 2- 4-008:008, (3) 2-4-008:004, (3) 3-8-001:001, (3) 4-4-014:009, (3) 4-4-015:001, (3) 4-4- 015:004 and (3) 6-6-001:002.
This is a joint Land Division and Division of Forestry and Wildlife submittal to make efficient use of Board and Staff time.
2. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach Every Friday From May 26, 2017 to April 27, 2018, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, TMK: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Por).
3. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4892, from Thomas H. Kaaiai and Joan A. Kaaiai as Assignors to Thomas H. Kaaiai, Joan A. Kaaiai, Guy A. K. Kaaiai, Dale L. Kaaiai, Lane Kaaiai, and Nohl-Dayne H. N. Kaaiai, Joint Tenants, as Assignees; Maunalaha, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-024:021.
4. Amend Prior Board Action of May 13, 2016, Agenda Item D-8; Sale of Remnant Cancellation of Reserved Easement) to Yi-Sun Chiu, Christy Zeng Lei, Xiu Yun Xie, and Huiling He, Pālolo Valley, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-4-006: portion of 002.
5. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5493, Gavin T. Yamada and Janice G.M. Yamada, Assignor, to Scot M. Mitamura and Karen M. Mitamura, Assignee, Extension of Lease Term, Waimānalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-018:052.
6. Consent to Assignment of Lease of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5329, Jeffrey T. Long, as Lessee/Assignor, to Jeffrey T. Long and Jamie Felice Long, Co-Trustees of the Jeffrey T. Long 2001 Revocable Trust, dated September 7, 2001, as Assignee; Consent to Mortgage of Lease of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5329, Jeffrey T. Long and Jamie Felice Long, Co- Trustees of the Jeffrey T. Long 2001 Revocable Trust, dated September 7, 2001, as Lessee/Mortgagor, to Bank of Hawaii, as Mortgagee; Amendment of Lease of Non- Exclusive Easement S-5329, Jeffrey T. Long and Jamie Felice Long, Co-Trustees of the Jeffrey T. Long 2001 Revocable Trust, dated September 7, 2001, Lessee to provide that the easement shall run with the land and shall inure to the benefit of the private real property described as Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 4-3-010:079, 080, and 081, and be assignable without Board consent; Kailua, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-3-010: portion of 083.
7. Consent to Amendment No. 1 to the Covenant of Purpose, Use and Ownership Affecting the Kapiolani Community College Culinary Institute of the Pacific as Part of General Lease No. S-5661, University of Hawaii, Lessee; Kapahulu, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu; TMK (1) 3-1-042:011.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval for the DLNR Chairperson to Renew an Agreement and to Delegate to the Chairperson Signature Authority for the Future Exchange of Confidential Fisheries Information with the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) or Other Federal Fisheries Agencies for Fisheries Management Purposes.
2. Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2018-35 for Dr. Mary Hagedorn, University of Hawaii-Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology (HIMB), to Conduct Research by Collecting Select Amounts of State Regulated Fishes, Invertebrates (Including Corals and Live Rock) and Algae in Kaneohe Bay, Oʻahu, to Barcode the DNA of All Organisms Found in Kāneʻohe Bay to Populate a Global, Open-Source Data Repository of Organisms Maintained by the Smithsonian Institute for Public Reference.”
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
Administrative Enforcement Action for:
- Violation of Hawaii Administrative Rules, Section 13-231-51: Business Activities, against Mr. Shane Turpin dba Kohala Tours, Mr. Sky K. Mullins, and Mr. William L. Gifford for Engaging in Illegal Commercial Operations from the Pohoiki Boat Ramp, Hawaiʻi Island, and Lands Adjacent Thereto Without a Commercial Use Permit;
Request for authorization to hold a contested case hearing and for the Chairperson to select a Hearing Officer.
2. Continuation of 29 Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaiʻi, Kauaʻi, Lānai, Maui and Oʻahu; Various Locations and Tax Map Keys Statewide. See Exhibit A for the list of Revocable Permits. (EXHIBIT A ATTACHED)
Fair Wind, Inc. (Vessel: Fair Wind II)
Kona Sunrise Charters, Inc. (Vessel: Hula Kai)
Keauhou Boating Ltd. (Vessel: Captain Jack)
Charisma Hawaii, Inc. (Vessel: Kona Gold)
Keauhou Bay, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
4. Installation and Modification of Existing Offshore Mooring and Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules for Sea Paradise Scuba, Inc. (Vessel: Sea Paradise) Keauhou Bay, Island of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiʻi.
- Appointment of Kainoa Casco to Serve as a Director of the West Maui Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Consent to Sublease of State Lease No. DOT-A-16-0010, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. to Hawaiian Airlines Federal Credit Union, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Index Builders, Inc., for Storage Space and Roll Off Bin/Staging Area for Construction Materials and Equipment, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 65 (Portion) and (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
7. Authorization to convey subject property, Kamehameha Highway, Wilson Bridge to Kilani Avenue, Federal Aid Project No. F-FF-080-1(5) at Wahiawā, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 7-3-04-01 remnant as shown on Exhibit A to respective abutting owners by quitclaim deed.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
If you require special assistance or auxiliary aids or services to participate in the public hearing process (i.e. sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made: 587-0400.
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the board meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.