Land Board Submittals – 10/27/17
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2017
TIME: 09:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Determination that a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement is required prior to major amendment to the Auwahi Wind Energy Habitat Conservation Plan and Incidental Take License; Ahupuaa of Auwahi, District of Kahikinui, Island of Maui, Hawaiʽi, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-9-001:006 and
Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to determine whether Supplemental Environmental Impact Statements are required for future amendments to Habitat Conservation Plans and Incidental Take Licenses for Wind Energy Projects.
D. LAND DIVISION
2. Grant of Two Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easements for Utility Purposes to: (1) Kauai Island Utility Cooperative and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc.; and (2) Oceanic Time Warner Cable, LLC; Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry for Utility Purposes, South Olohena, Kapaa, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-3-003:009.
3. Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Island of Kauai. See Exhibit 2 for list of Revocable Permits. [Exhibit 2]
5. Issuance of Right-of-Entry permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set Up, Firing, and All Other Pre-Display and Post-Display Activities for a Special Corporate Event Hosted by Mauna Kea Beach Resort on November 9, 2017, on Unencumbered State Lands, Ouli, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-2-002: seaward of parcel 004.
6. Intentionally Left Blank.
7. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Beach Activities, Ltd. for Beach Event Purposes to be held on December 10 and 11, 2017, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: Portions of 021.
10. Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3736 and Reset Aside to Department of Accounting and General Services for Kapolei State Office Building Purposes, Authorization to Enter Mutual Cancellation and Termination of Ground Lease, Lease and Lease Agreement; Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-160:019.
11. Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the United States to Conduct Defense Environmental Restoration Program Activities on State Lands Including Submerged Lands on the Islands of Oahu, Maui, and Hawaiʽi. See Exhibit A for List of Subject Properties. [Exhibit A]
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND RECREATION
2. Intentionally Left Blank.
3. Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing By GKM, Inc. Regarding August 11, 2017 Decision to Authorize Public Auction of a Lease for Boat/Trailer Storage Facility and Parking at Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, North Kona, Hawai’i Island; Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:003.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Conservation District Enforcement HA 17-36 Regarding Alleged Unauthorized Land Uses Located in the Conservation District by Simon Velaj Located at Punalu‘u Wharf, Ka‘u, island of Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-6-001:002.
I. STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION DIVISION
1. Enforcement Action against Mr. Simon Vilaj for Alteration of Historic Properties during the course of land alteration activities without a Permit. The Historic Punaluʽu Wharf, Punaluʽu Ahupuaʽa, Kau, Island of Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 9- 6-001:002.
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the board meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
If you require special assistance or auxiliary aids or services to participate in the public hearing process (i.e. sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so arrangements can be made: 587-0404.