Land Board Submittals – 03/23/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2018
TIME: 9:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to delegate authority to the Division of Forestry and Wildlife Branch Managers to act as the authorized representatives pursuant to Chapter 13-209-5, Special Use Permits, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Rules Regulating Activities within Natural Area Reserves;
Authorize the Division of Forestry and Wildlife Branch Managers to determine and approve Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statutes environmental compliance requirements, including approval of Declarations of Exemptions, as applicable, for permits issued under Chapter 13-209-5, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Rules Regulating Activities within Natural Area Reserves.
- Request approval of amendment to the Habitat Conservation Plan for the Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope (DKIST); formerly known as the Advanced Technology Solar Telescope (ATST) and associated Incidental Take License (ITL-13).
- Request approval to negotiate and sign a contract(s) for the Management of the Department of Land and Natural Resources Youth Conservation Corps Program.
- Authorization of funding for the Nature Conservancy for $1,148,400 during FY 19-24 for continued enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and acceptance and approval of the Kamakou Preserve Long Range Management Plan, TMK 5-4-03:26, Molokaʻi.
- Authorization of funding for the Nature Conservancy for $1,201,200 during FY 19-24 for continued enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and acceptance and approval of the Waikamoi Preserve Long Range Management Plan, TMK 2-3-05:04, Maui.
- Authorization of funding for the Nature Conservancy for $807,132 during FY 19-24 for continued enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and acceptance and approval of the Kaʻū Preserve Long Range Management Plan, TMK 3-9-7-001:002, 003, 004, 007, Hawaiʻi.
- Authorization of funding for the Nature Conservancy for $288,715 during FY 19-24 for continued enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and acceptance and approval of the Moʻomomi Preserve Long Range Management Plan, TMK 5-1-02:37, Molokaʻi.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Intentionally Left Blank
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-5127, Elizabeth Marks Stack, Les Marks, and Cynthia Marks Salley dba McCandless Properties, Permittee, and Issuance of a Revocable Permit to McCandless Land & Cattle Company, LLC, for Access Purposes, Waiea, South Kona, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-6-001:003.
- Amend Prior Board Approval of Item D-8 from January 12, 2018: “Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Apartment Owners of Hololani for Steel Sheet Pile Seawall and Rock Revetment Purposes; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry; Kahana, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-3-010: Seaward of 009.”
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikīkī Beach Activities, Ltd. and Events International, Inc. for Beach Activities Purposes from April 16 to 22, 2018, at Hale Koa Beach, Waikīkī, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-005: seaward of 001.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement and Issuance of Construction Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. for Utility Purposes; Mutual Cancellation of Perpetual Easement recorded as Liber 4170, page 220; Consent to the Disposition between the City and County of Honolulu and Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. over the Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 569 for Staging Areas; Waikīkī, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-7-036:001, 007, and portions of Ala Wai Canal.
- Grant of Term Non-Exclusive Easement to Shirley Patricia Gulmon, Trustee for Access Purposes, Kailua, Ko‘olaupoko, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-3-017: adjacent to 061.
- Approve Mediated Settlement of Rent Reopening Dispute in General Lease No. S-4223, InSite Towers Development, LLC; Mt. Ka‘ala, Mokulē‘ia, Waialua, O‘ahu, Hawai‘i; Tax Map Key: (1) 6-7-003: Portions.
- Amend Prior Board Action of November 10, 2016, (Item D-10), Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Telcom Services Company, Inc. for Submarine Fiber Optic Telecommunication Cable Purposes and Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry on State Submerged Lands off Mākaha, Wai‘anae, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-4-001: seaward of 012.
Amendment is needed to add legal reference and to correct typographical errors.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval for a Federally Funded Project Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) and the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH) for the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) Research Project entitled “Hawaii marine Recreational Fishing Survey.”
I. STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION DIVISION
- Request Approval and Authorization to accept a Promissory Note from Simon Velaj to pay fines owed, through a 12-month installment plan. Historic Punalu‘u Wharf, Ka‘ū, Hawai‘i Tax Map Key: (3) 96-001:002
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) MA-3663 for Shoreline Erosion Control by Hololani Resort Condominiums Located at 4401 Lower Honoapi‘ilani Road, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax May Key:(2) 4-3-010:009 and adjacent submerged land.
- Application for a DLNR Dam Safety Permit, Permit No. 72 – Opaeula Reservoir No. 15 (OA-0020), Dam Removal, Hale‘iwa, Hawai‘i Tax Map Key: (1) 6-2-010:001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Construction Material Storage and Equipment Staging, Watts Constructors, LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 017 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Trailer Parking, New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Salchuk Resources Inc., at the office space on Floor 7 of Aloha Tower, Pier 9, Honolulu Harbor, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key No. (1) 2-001: Portion of 013.
- Renewal of Revocable Permit for three (3) current tenants located at the State Capitol, 415 S. Beretania Street, basement (Chamber level), Honolulu, HI 96813
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:15 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.