Land Board Submittals – 05/25/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2018
TIME: 9:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE DIVISION
- Request approval of the Hōkū Nui Forest Stewardship Management Plan and Forest Stewardship Agreement with Hōkū Nui Farms LLC., Makawao, Island of Maui. Tax Map Keys No.: (2) 2-4-012:005, (2) 2-4-012:039, (2) 2-4-012:040, (2) 2-4-012:041, (2) 2-4-012:042, (2) 2-4-012:039-043, (2) 2-4-012:044, (2) 2-4-012:045, and (2) 2-4-012:046;
Request approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statutes for the project.
- Request approval of the Kona Hema Forest Stewardship Management Plan and Forest Stewardship Agreement with the Nature Conservancy, South Kona, Island of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys No.; (3) 8-8-001:001, (3) 8-9-001:001, (3) 8-9-006:030, (3) 8-9-006:031, (3) 8-9-006:033;
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4878, Grant of Easement Nos. S-4244 & S-4645, and Land Office Deed Nos. S-12,850 & S-27,442, Coco Palms Ventures LLC, as First Assignor, to PR II Coco Palms LLC, as First Assignee/ Second Assignor, and from PR II Coco Palms LLC, First Assignee/ Second Assignor, to Coco Palms Hui LLC, as Second Assignee, Wailua, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-1-003:005, por. 017, por. 039, and por. 044.
Amendment of Grant of Easement Nos. S-4244 and S-4645, and Land Office Deed Nos. S-12,850 and S-27,442, Coco Palms Hui LLC, Grantee, Wailua, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-1-003:005, por. 017, por. 039 & por. 044, and 4-1-005:017.
Grant of Easement Nos. S-4244 and S-4645, and Land Office Deed Nos. S-12,850 and S-27,442 already exist. The purpose of amending the documents is to insert a provision allowing the easements to “Run with the Land,” thereby becoming assignable without the written consent of the Board of Land and Natural Resources. The easements will be appurtenant to and inure to the benefit of Coco Palms Hui LLC’s private property identified as Tax Map Key: (4) 4-1-003:007.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Big Island Resource Conservation and Development Council for the Purpose of Conducting Research on the Efficacy of Indigenous Microorganisms to Confer Resistance to Ohia against Rapid Ohia Death on State Lands Located at Keonopoko Iki, Puna, Hawaii, Portion of Tax Map Key: (3) 1-5-009:009.
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Proclamation dated June 5, 1909, as Modified by Governor’s Proclamation dated May 2, 1938, Setting Aside a Portion of Mauna Kea Forest Reserve, and Reset-Aside to the Department of Transportation for Saddle Road Maintenance Baseyard Purposes; Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Access, and Utility Easement; and Issuance of Immediate Construction and Management Special Use Permit, Kaohe IV, Hamakua, Hawaii; Portions of Tax Map Keys: (3) 4-4-016:003 and 4-4-016:012.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 4454 and Re-set Aside to Department of Transportation for (1) Airport and Related Purposes, (2) Harbors and Related Purposes, and (3) Highways Truck Weigh Station and Related Purposes, Issuance of Immediate Right-of-Entry; Mokauea, Kalihi, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-2-025:002, portion of 073, 074, 075, 108, 109, 110, 116, 119, 120, 121 and 122.
- Amendment of General Lease No. S-6077 for Temporary Mobile Access to Services and Housing for Housing First Transition Purposes to Extend for Four (4) Years; City and County of Honolulu, Lessee; Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041: portions of 130 and 334.
- Approval of Annual Rent at $9,416 and Denial of Request to Set the Annual Lease Rent at $480 from February 1, 2018 to January 31, 2028 for General Lease No. S-5851, Windward Retreat Center, Lessee; Kaaawa, Koolaulua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-1-014:051.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on Encumbered State lands off Ko Olina Beach on July 4, 2018, Honouliluli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-057: seaward of 006.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic Resources for Aquatic Nuisance Species Harbor Monitoring Project Purposes at Honolulu Harbor, Kalaeloa Barber’s Point Harbor, Nawiliwili Harbor, Kahului Harbor, and Hilo Harbor; [See Exhibit A1 to A5 for locations].
E. STATE PARKS
- Request Board review of Draft Master Plan for Hā‘ena State Park; Recommend that the Governor accept the Final EIS for Hā‘ena State Park Master Plan, Tax Map Keys No.: 5-9-01:22 (POR.); 5-9-08:01; and
The following attachments to this submittal are available for download at http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dsp/parks/kauai/haena-state-park/
Exhibit 1: Hā‘ena State Park Master Plan Draft Final Report
Exhibit 2: Hā‘ena State Park Master Plan Final Environmental Impact Statement
Exhibit 3: Hā‘ena State Park Master Plan Draft Appendices
Exhibit 4: Hā‘ena State Park Master Plan Background Research and Analysis
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Denial of Petition Filed by Henry K. Pomroy for Amendment of Hawai’i Administrative Rules Sections 13-231-67(a) and (d) (20).
- Approve Installation of an Existing Offshore Mooring and Declare Exemption from Requirements of Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statues, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Mala Wharf Offshore Mooring Area, Lahaina, Island of Maui, for Lanny V. Daise.
- Approve Installation of an Existing Mooring within Puako Bay, outside of an Established Offshore Mooring Area, and Declare Installation Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statues, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Puako, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii, for Daniel Trumpy.
- Approve Installation of an Existing Offshore Mooring and Declare Exemption from Requirements of Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statues, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Lahaina Roadstead Offshore Mooring Area, Lahaina, Island of Maui, for Exact Game Fishing, Inc.
- Authorize the Approval for a Rental Reopening Commencing Retroactively on July 30, 2014 and Ending July 29, 2024; for Boating Lease B-99-1, Waikiki Yacht Club, Situated at Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37: 6 And 12 (Por.).
- Authorize the Issuance of a Direct Lease and Reduce Rent to Kaua’i Sailing Association for Sailing Purposes; and Declare Exemption from Requirements of Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statues at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor, Nawiliwili, Island of Kaua’i, Hawai’i; Tax Map Key: (4) 3-2-03:043 (Por)
- Continuation of 29 Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaii, Kauai, Lanai, Maui, and Oahu; Various Locations and Tax Map Keys Statewide (see Exhibit “A” attached).
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Rescind Denial of Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3809 for the Shangri La Breakwater Safety Initiative and Shoreline Stabilization Project; and
Approve Issuance of Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3809 for the Shangri LaBreakwater Safety Initiative and Shoreline Stabilization Project; and
Approve Right of Entry to State Submerged Land for Staging Area Located at Kūpikipiki‘ō (Black Point), Kona District, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-041:005 and State-owned submerged lands
- Aircraft Parking, Steven Chaikin, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Airline Carrier Operations, Mokulele Flight Service, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Pacwest Aerial Imaging LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Amendment No. 2 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-17-0008 for the Purpose of Adding Office and Counter Space, On-Demand Airport-Based Shuttle Bus Services, Robert’s Tours and Transportation, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Lease for Office Space and a Parking Stall, United States of America, Federal Aviation Administration, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 058 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Joshua C. Chitwood, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Area of Paved, Improved Land to Park a Storage Container for Aerial Mapping Equipment, Ground Imaging, Inc., Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Curbside Check-In Counters in the Main Terminal for Airline Operations, American Airlines, Inc., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-3-08: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Maui Helicopter Academy Limited Liability Company, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Storage Room in the Main Terminal, Lanai Resorts, LLC, Lanai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-02: Portion of 55.
- Consent to Five (5) Memorandum of Agreements between Department of Human Services, Office of Youth Services, and (1) Residential Youth Services and Empowerment, Inc. (2) Youth Build Waimanalo (3) Ku Ae Hou (4) Hale Kipa, Inc., and (5) Partners in Development Foundation for use of portions of Hawaii Youth Correctional Facility, Kailua Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 4-2-006: portion of 002.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:15 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.