Land Board Submittals – 08/30/18
FOR SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2018
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Request Approval for the June 11, 2018 Meeting Minutes.
2. Request for Approval for the June 22, 2018 Meeting Minutes.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Approve A Grant from available funds In The Land Conservation Fund, as requested In a 2017-2018 Application to The Legacy Land Conservation Program, for the Acquisition of Interests in specific Parcels of Land By Friends of Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden, $659,485.38 for the acquisition 13.6 acres at Kona, Hawai‘I (Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden), Tax Map Key Numbers: (3) 8-2-013-002, (3) 8-2-013-003, (3) 8-2-013-014, (3) 8-2-014-043, and (3) 8-2-015-059.
D. LAND DIVISION
(ORIGINALLY D-6 ON 08.24.2018 AGENDA)
- Approval of Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer for Petition of Contested Case Hearing Regarding April 27, 2018 Agenda Item D-3 “Administrative Enforcement Action for Violation of Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 13-221, Unencumbered Public Lands, Sections 13-221-11 “Animals” and 13-221-35 “Commercial Activities”, Against Paige Clew DePonte and TLR LLC, One or Both of Whom Are Doing Business as Triple L Ranch and/or Triple L Ranch Maui Private Custom Horseback Tours; DOCARE Investigation Report No. 18-0259-MA; Kanaio, Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-002:001 and seaward of same”.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Native Hawaiian Practices Permit to Mr. Keola Lindsey, Office of Hawaiian Affairs, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Archaeological Cultural Research Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Native Hawaiian Practices Permit to Kanoe’ulalani Morishige, Nā Maka o Papahānaumokuākea and University of Hawaiʻi, for Access to State Waters to use Traditional Ecological Knowledge to Examine Intertidal Ecosystems Activities.
G. BUREAU OF CONVEYANCES
- Request for Authorization to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) and to enter into a Contract for a Replacement Land Records Management System (LRMS) and subsequent Annual Maintenance Program.
I. STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION DIVISION
- Request Approval for a Contract with Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc., to Design, Develop, Integrate and Install the Hawaii Cultural Resource Information System for the State Historic Preservation Division; Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Issue, Execute and Extend the Contract for the Information System; and Approval of a Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 200, HAR, regarding preparation of an Environmental Assessment.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) KA-3668 for the Kalāheo Water System Improvements and Subdivision by the County of Kaua`i- Department of Water Supply (DOW) Located at Kalāheo and Wahiawa, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Keys: (4) 2-4-003: 006 & 007; 2-4-004: 005, 039, 049 & 058; 2-4-009:003.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3820 Regarding the Hawaii Kai Marina Entrance Groin Replacement Project by the Hawaii Kai Marina Community Association, Located in the Honolulu District, Island of O‘ahu, on submerged lands seaward of Tax Map Key(s): (1) 3-9-008:035 and (1) 3-9-002:029.
- Informational Briefing Regarding the Carrying Capacity Study Being Proposed by the City and County of Honolulu, Department of Parks and Recreation for the Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve Pursuant to Condition 12 of Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-2957 Located at the Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, O`ahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 3-9-012: 002, 010, 012, 014, 016 & adjacent submerged lands.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: email@example.com
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.