To aid in the Watershed Initiative, there are opportunities to kōkua with DLNR and a few of their partners.
For volunteer opportunities, click the following links below:
- The Hawaiʻi Association of Watershed Partnerships (HAWP) provides various volunteer opportunities involving invasive species removal, outplanting native species, grant writing, research etc. Your help can aid in the restoration and protection of watersheds throughout the islands.
- Mauna Kea Forest Restoration Project (MKFRP) is a great volunteer opportunity to give back to the ʻāina and to learn about the high-elevation dry forest of Mauna Kea.
- Mauna Kea Watershed Alliance is a part of the HAWP program and offers various opportunities to help restore native forests within the Mauna Kea region.
- Follow the Oʻahu Invasive Species Committee , Maui Invasive Species Committee, Kauaʻi Invasive Species Committee , and Big Island Invasive Species Committee Facebook pages for updates and volunteer opportunities involving the HISC program.
- The Oʻahu Army Natural Resources Program provides many great fieldwork opportunities to aid in forest restoration and watershed protection.