Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- 09/05/18 – KA‘IWA RIDGE “PILLBOX HIKE” TRAIL TO BE CLOSED SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 FOR ONE-DAY DEBRIS REMOVALHONOLULU -- The Ka ‘Iwa Ridge or “Lanikai Pillbox” trail and pillboxes will be closed all day, on Sunday, September 9 for site clean-up and debris removal. Leftover debris from renovation work recently completed to the World-War II era observation platforms, along with blockades and signage put in place to aid renovation work, will be transported via helicopter lift from the site.
- 09/05/18 – STATE PARKS TO STOP ISSUING 2018 KAʻENA POINT VEHICLE ACCESS PERMITSHONOLULU -- Due to tremendous unanticipated and unprecedented demand the DLNR Division of State Parks is not issuing additional 2017-18 vehicle access permits for Ka‘ena Point. The threshold of 10,000 permit decals has been reached for the permit period and all have been assigned. All approved 2017-18 permits will remain valid through December 31, 2018.
- 09/05/18 – STATE CLIMATE COMMISSION ADOPTS RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COUNTERING IMPACTS OF SEA LEVEL RISE(Honolulu) – The Hawai‘i Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation Commission (Climate Commission) at its regular quarterly meeting yesterday adopted a series of recommendations and finalized a mission statement to help guide Hawai‘i’s response to the impacts of climate change.
- 08/29/18 – DLNR ANNOUNCES MAKE-UP OPTIONS FOR HUNTERS AFFECTED BY THE CLOSURE OF THE LANA‘I COOPERATIVE GAME MANAGEMENT AREA DUE TO HURRICANE LANE(Honolulu) – The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Forestry and Wildlife announces make-up dates for hunters impacted by the cancellation of the Lana‘i Mouflon hunt for weekend of August 25-26, 2018 due to Hurricane Lane.
- 08/28/18 – PORTIONS OF KULA FOREST RESERVE AND POLIPOLI SPRING STATE RECREATION AREA TO BE CLOSED SEPTEMBER 4 THROUGH NOVEMBER 2KAHULUI - The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) and State Parks Division will close the Kula Forest Reserve, Waipoli access road, Kahikinui Forest Reserve –Papa‘anui Tract, and Polipoli Spring State Recreation Area from Tuesday, September 4, 2018, through Friday, November 2, 2018, to allow for scheduled road repairs, road safety improvements, and fuel mitigation work to be completed.
- 08/28/18 – 11 ʻALALĀ DOING JUST FINE AFTER HURRICANE LANE DRENCHING(Hilo) – In their forest home in the Pu‘u Maka‘ala Natural Area Reserve on Hawai‘i Island, eleven ʻAlalā (native Hawaiian crows) appear to have little difficulty following several days of heavy rains generated by Hurricane Lane. The critically endangered birds, the first to have been successfully released into the wild from conservation breeding facilities last fall, are among the creatures who experienced more than 30 inches of rain during the storm.
- 08/28/18 – HAWAII’S NATIONAL HUNTING AND FISHING DAY RECOGNIZES CONTRIBUTIONS OF SPORTSMEN AND WOMEN(HONOLULU) – The contributions of hunters and fishers to conservation will again be recognized nationally and in Hawai‘i during National Hunting and Fishing Day events. This will be Hawai‘i’s 28th year of recognizing the event and for the first-time activities are scheduled over two separate weekends.
- 08/27/18 – FERAL GOAT, SHEEP AND PIG HUNT AND UNGULATE CONTROL PROGRAM ANNOUNCED FOR THE PU‘U WA‘AWA‘A FOREST RESERVEDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release August 27, 2018 FERAL GOAT, SHEEP AND PIG HUNT AND UNGULATE CONTROL PROGRAM ANNOUNCED FOR THE PU‘U WA‘AWA‘A FOREST RESERVE HILO -The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) […]
- 08/26/18 – MOST FOREST LANDS AND STATE PARKS REOPEN ACROSS HAWAI‘I(Honolulu) – At noon today most lands under the jurisdiction of the DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) reopened to public use following the threat of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Lane.
- 08/24/18 – STATE PARKS ACROSS HAWAI‘I SET TO REOPEN ON SATURDAY(Honolulu) – Many state parks in Hawai‘i will reopen at various times on Saturday after staff have a chance to access any damage left in the wake of hurricane, now Tropical Storm Lane.