Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- 12/20/18-KAHUA/PONOHOLO RANCH COOPERATIVE GAME MANAGEMENT AREA FOR GAME BIRD HUNTING CLOSED THIS WEEKEND DUE TO POOR ROAD CONDITIONS(Hilo) –The Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry & Wildlife (DOFAW) announces the closure of the Kahua/Ponoholo Ranch Cooperative Game Management Area for game bird hunting on Saturday and Sunday (December 22 – 23, 2018) due to poor road conditions resulting from recent heavy rains.
- 12/19/18-STATE AND MARINE PROTECTION ORGANIZATIONS JOIN FORCES TO COMBAT ILLEGAL AQUARIUM COLLECTION(Honolulu) – Hawaii-based marine and animal protection organizations have joined forces with the Hawai‘i Dept. of Land and Natural Resources to make it easier for people to report illegal aquarium collecting activity across the state.
- 12/18/18-GAME BIRD HUNTING SEASON ANNOUNCED FOR KAHUA/PONOHOLO RANCH COOPERATIVE GAME MANAGEMENT AREA(Hilo) –The Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) announces the opening of the 2018 – 2019 Game Bird Hunting Season at the Kahua/Ponoholo Ranch Cooperative Game Management Area on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
- 12/14/18 – HAWAI’I’S ANNUAL FIRST DAY HIKE AMONG THE MOST UNIQUE IN THE U.S.(Honolulu) – The annual First Day Hike on the Makapu’u Light House Trail at the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline on O‘ahu is arguably the most unique of the nearly 1,200 hikes in America’s State Parks each New Year’s Day. While far from the most difficult it is one of the best attended with an estimated 700 people making the short, two-mile-roundtrip hike to an overlook where participants can see the first sunrise of 2019.
- 12/13/18- DAM EVACUATION ZONE INFORMATION AND MAPS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE(Honolulu) – The newly updated Dam Inventory Management System is now available online with access to dam evacuation zone maps. DLNR and county emergency management and civil defense agencies across the state combined efforts in the creation of these maps.
- 12/13/18-HEARINGS SCHEDULED FOR EXPANSION OF ʻEWA FOREST AND HONOLULU WATERSHED FOREST RESERVES(HONOLULU) – Oahuʻs Forest Reserves are set for expansion. Nearly 2,900 acres are being proposed for addition to the State Forest Reserve System on Oʻahu. The DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) is inviting community comments on two proposed additions
- 12/07/18- HAWAI‘I WILDLIFE CONSERVATION STAMP CONTEST SEEKS ENTRIES FOR 2019-20(Honolulu) –Enthusiastic painters are welcome to submit entries to the DLNR Division of Forestry & Wildlife (DOFAW) in an art contest to depict a game mammal and game bird for its 2019-2020 hunting stamp contest. The wildlife conservation stamp is a requirement on the Hawai‘i state hunting license and the game bird stamp is required for those intending to hunt game birds. Both stamps will be available to wildlife stamp collectors.
- 12/06/18-EYESORE REMOVED FROM MAUNALUA BAY SHORELINE(Honolulu) – A large panel van, full of hundreds of pounds of construction debris was towed from alongside the coastline at east O‘ahu’s Maunalua Bay this afternoon. The truck sporting graffiti, broken windows, and flat tires was apparently towed to the bay’s parking lot several months ago and abandoned.
- 12/06/18- LAVA TREE STATE MONUMENT REOPENS TODAY AFTER SEVEN-MONTH-LONG CLOSURE(Hilo) – Today at 7:45 a.m. the gate to Lava Tree State Monument in the Puna District on Hawai‘i Island will open for the first time in more than seven months. The state park within eyesight of the East Rift Zone’s Fissure 8 was closed shortly after Kīlauea began erupting in May.
- 12/06/18-APPLICATIONS FOR KAUA‘I NA ALA HELE ADVISORY COUNCIL BEING ACCEPTEDThe DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) is inviting Kaua‘i residents to submit applications for positions on a community council to advise the Na Ala Hele Trails and Access Program.