Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- 10/15/21-PARTICIPATE IN “IMAGINE A DAY WITHOUT WATER” NEXT WEEK DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: October 15, 2021 PARTICIPATE IN “IMAGINE A DAY WITHOUT WATER” NEXT WEEK (Honolulu) – Imagine a Day Without Water, on Oct. 21 is a day to pause and reflect on the value of water in our […]
- 10/14/21-NORTH KAWAIHAE SBH INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS BEGIN MONDAY (Kawaihae) – Renovations at the North Kawaihae Small Boat Harbor (SBH) will begin on October 18. Site Engineering, Inc. has been contracted by the DLNR Division of Boating and Ocean (DOBOR) to upgrade the harbor’s infrastructure.
- 10/14/21-A NEW WAY TO LOOK AT AND MANAGE TOURISM (HONOLULU) – A natural disaster and a pandemic forced the issue and now Hawai‘i remains at the forefront of regenerative tourism, the re-imagining of tourism, and adaptive management. These are the in-vogue, new buzzwords being used worldwide, as destinations begin recovery from the COVID pandemic.
- 10/12/21-KAUA‘I WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS COMPLY WITH CEASE-AND-DESIST ORDERSDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: October 12, 2021 KAUA‘I WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS COMPLY WITH CEASE-AND-DESIST ORDERS (HONOLULU) – One of two commercial wedding photography companies, operating on Kaua‘i, has deleted promotional photos on its website at the direction of the DLNR Division of […]
- 10/12/21-CONSTRUCTION ALERT AND TRANSACTION CHANGES AT SMALL BOAT HARBORS DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: October 12, 2021 CONSTRUCTION ALERT AND TRANSACTION CHANGES AT SMALL BOAT HARBORS Kukui‘ula and Honokohau Impacted (HONOLULU) – Work began today to repair the boat ramp loading dock at the Kukui‘ula Small Boat Harbor on […]
- 10/11/21-COASTAL EROSION – NO EASY, INEXPENSIVE, OR ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL SOLUTIONS(HONOLULU) – The options available to land managers and owners of coastal properties facing serious beach erosion are limited, expensive, and unlikely to provide permanent fixes. That’s one of the conclusions of a presentation to the Board of Land and Natural Resources last Friday.
- 10/11/21-2021-2022 GAME BIRD HUNTING SEASON OPENS THROUGH JANUARY 2022 (HONOLULU)- The DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) announces the opening of the 2021-2022 Game Bird Hunting Season on Saturday, November 6, 2021. The fall game bird hunting season will run through Sunday, January 30, 2022. To comply with federal mandates, including the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and to meet current state regulations, the last day for hunting mourning dove will be January 16, 2022.
- 07/28/21-PROTECTING THE TURTLES OF LANIAKEA IS A COMBINATION OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT PRESENCE (HONOLULU) – First and foremost, Debbie Herrera the Volunteer and Education Coordinator for Malama na Honu, believes we need to shift the narrative. “The vast majority of people who come to Laniakea, on O‘ahu’s north shore, pay attention to the signs put up by volunteers from the group. We’re trying to focus on people behaving in pono ways, rather than those very few who refuse, despite dozens of cautionary signs or warnings from volunteers, to give green sea turtles on the beach or in the ocean wide berth,” she said.
- 07/27/21-FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT FOR PROPOSED A&B WATER LEASE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEWDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: July 27, 2021 FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT FOR PROPOSED A&B WATER LEASE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW (Haiku) – On July 20 Alexander & Baldwin (A&B) and East Maui Irrigation Company, Limited (EMI) (collectively A&B), filed its […]
- 07/26/21-KAILUA PIER TEMPORARY CLOSURE BEGINS NEXT WEEK (KAILUA-KONA) Temporary closure of the Kailua Pier begins on Wednesday, July 28, daily from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. During the closure, entering the pier will be prohibited. People violating the closure can be cited, fined, or arrested.