Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- 03/28/23 – HAWAI‘I RECEIVES WILDFIRE IMPACT GRANTS FROM USDA FOREST SERVICE(HONOLULU) – Four Hawai‘i Island communities and Kaua‘i County are receiving more than $400,000 from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Forest Service, Community Wildfire Defense Grant Program. It helps communities, tribes, nonprofit organizations, state forestry agencies and Alaska Native corporations plan for and mitigate wildfire risks as the country faces an ongoing wildfire crisis.
- 03/21/23 – SHARK WARNING SIGNS COME DOWN FOLLOWING SUNDAY SHARK INCIDENT(WAIKOLOA, HAWAI‘I) – The DLNR Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) took down shark warning signs on Monday at ʻAnaehoʻomalu Bay on Hawai‘i Island, following an apparent encounter over the weekend.
- 03/19/23 – 41 NEW DOCARE OFFICERS GO INTO THE FIELD MONDAY(HONOLULU) – On Friday, the largest recruit class in the history of the DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) history was commissioned.
- 03/18/23 – DLNR TAKES CONTROL OF GROUNDED BOAT IN LĀHAINĀ SMALL BOAT HARBOR(HONOLULU) – To avoid damaging a culturally significant site, the DLNR Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) has informed the owner of the vessel, Kuuipo, that DOBOR is taking control of the boat and is immediately hiring a contractor to move the vessel to a safe location.
- 03/16/23 – INPUT SOUGHT FOR MANAGEMENT OF KĪPAHULU FOREST RESERVE ON MAUI(KAUPŌ, MAUI) –Management efforts on the southeast slopes of Haleakalā aim to gradually restore the native forest ecosystem of Maui’s Kīpahulu Forest Reserve. The DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) is seeking community input on a draft plan to help guide priorities for the area over the next decade.
- 03/16/23 – STATE PARKS TAKES MEASURED APPROACH FOR SUSTAINED WATER SOLUTION AT HĀPUNA BEACH(Hāpuna Beach State Recreation Area, Hawai‘i Island) – Careful progress is being made toward restoration of water service at Hāpuna Beach, to address residents’ concerns. The DLNR Division of State Parks (DSP) is taking a multi-pronged approach consisting of three simultaneous and separate projects now in process to address temporary, short-term fixes as well as a permanent, long-term solution.
- 03/09/23 – GROUNDED YACHT CAUSED SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO LIVE ROCK HABITAT(HONOLUA BAY, MAUI) – A post-grounding damage assessment conducted by divers from the DLNR Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR), found that the yacht Nakoa caused damage to corals and reef live rock covering at least 19,434-square-feet.
- 03/08/23 – HAWAI‘I MARINERS ADVISED TO SECURE VESSELS DURING HIGH WINDS(HONOLULU) – Two boats broke loose from moorings overnight on Maui, due to strong winds. The DLNR Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) is advising mariners to take steps to ensure their vessels are secure.
- 02/17/23 – HAWAIʻI ISLAND 2023 SPRING BEARDED TURKEY SEASON OPENS NEXT MONTH(HILO) – The 2023 Spring Bearded Turkey Hunting Season will begin on Tuesday, March 1, 2023 and run for 46 consecutive days through Friday, April 15.
- 02/10/23 – HUNTERS ASKED TO HELP PROTECT NATIVE PLANTS AND ANIMALS IN HONOPŪ VALLEY(LĪHU‘E, HI) – The Department of Land and Natural Resources is asking local hunters to help protect rare and endangered plants and birds in upper Honopū Valley on Kaua‘i, especially during a special, three-month period from today through May 10.