DOFAW Online Services & Office Closures During COVID-19 EmergencyPosted on May 18, 2020 in Announcements, featured
During the COVID-19 outbreak, offices of the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, will remain closed to the public. Because DOFAW’s programs are considered essential services, our staff continue to work in the field or remotely in order to continue serving the public.
During this time, you can contact DOFAW via telephone or email. You can reach our statewide administrative office at (808) 587-0166 or email [email protected]. Specific phone numbers and email contacts for programs or for branch offices on each island are listed on our website at https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dofaw/contact/.
Most DOFAW-managed areas remain open for recreational use and other permitted activities, and users are encouraged to follow social distancing and other relevant COVID-19 guidelines. Relevant sites include:
- For hunting licenses, visit https://hunting.ehawaii.gov
- For up-to-date info on Na Ala Hele trails, visit https://hawaiitrails.hawaii.gov.
- Permit information is available at https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dofaw/permits/.
Current closures include:
- All DOFAW campsites and cabins
- Oahu offshore islets (including the Mokulua Islets)
- Ahu o Laka (Kaneohe Bay sandbar)
- Commercial activities on DOFAW-managed lands are currently suspended