Your search found 238 hits
- Review and Comment On the Draft Tantalus-Round Top Drive Corridor Management PlanDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: April 10, 2019 REVIEW AND COMMENT ON THE DRAFT TANTALUS-ROUND TOP DRIVE CORRIDOR MANAGEMENT PLAN (Honolulu) – The Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW), in partnership with local […]
- Apply Now For Conservation Acquisition Assistance From Hawai’i Community Forest and Forest Legacy Programs(HONOLULU) – Are you a private landowner, non-profit group, or local government agency interested in protecting and managing forested lands? The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Forestry and Wildlife is seeking new projects for two federally-funded forest acquisition programs: the Community Forest Program and the Hawaiʻi Forest Legacy Program.
- State Endangered Species Recovery Committee Seeking ApplicationsHONOLULU — The State Endangered Species Recovery Committee (ESRC) is now accepting applications for the Hawaiian cultural practitioner position on the Commission. Applications will be reviewed and the names of qualified individuals will be sent to the Governor, who will nominate one person for each vacant position. The term of the new appointee is four years, with a maximum of two terms. The appointment is subject to confirmation by the Senate.
- Community Input Sought on Planning for Kaʻiwa Ridge Trail (Lanikai Pillbox Trail) Master PlanHONOLULU -- The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Nā Ala Hele Trails and Access Program is conducting an online survey and community meeting to seek input on future planning for the Ka‘iwa Ridge Trail (commonly known as the Lanikai Pillbox Trail).
- Nominations Sought For State Game Management Advisory Commission MembersHONOLULU -- Individuals with an interest in representing the interests of local hunters and actively participating in Hawaii’s game resource management are welcome and encouraged to apply to serve on a new statewide Game Management Advisory Commission.
- DLNR Launches Online Permitting For Commercial Vessels Landing At Mokulua and Popoia Offshore Island Wildlife SanctuariesHONOLULU -- The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) has launched an online permitting site for vendors to register and purchase commercial vessel landing (such as kayak tours) permits to DLNR’s offshore island wildlife sanctuaries. Permits are required by law to land any business-oriented vessel at the regulated sanctuaries. This online service will initially allow purchase of landing permits at two Windward Oahu offshore island sanctuaries, the islets of Mokulua and Popoia.
- Community Input Invited for Tantalus-Round Top Drive Corridor Management Plan Via New WebsiteDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release November 17, 2017 DLNR DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE INVITES COMMUNITY INPUT FOR TANTALUS-ROUND TOP DRIVE CORRIDOR MANAGEMENT PLAN VIA NEW WEBSITE HONOLULU – A planning effort to preserve the scenic, historic, and natural […]
- Nominations Sought For The Hawaii Big Tree CompetitionHONOLULU – The holiday season marks the beginning of the annual Hawaii Big Tree Competition. Sponsored by the Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife and American Forests, the program focuses attention on the largest trees in each species, as a way to raise awareness about the importance of healthy trees and forests. In 2014, a coconut palm in Hawaii Kai, Coco, was crowned the national Big Tree winner and the National Ultimate Big Tree after several weeks of online voting.
- Comment Period Open For DLNR Draft Environmental Assessment For The Habitat Conservation Plan For Game Management at Pu‘u Wa‘awa‘a And Pu‘u Anahulu, Napuu Conservation ProjectHONOLULU -- The Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) is seeking comments on a Draft Environmental Assessment (DEA) in connection with a proposed Habitat Conservation Plan and Incidental Take License (ITL) for game management at Pu‘u Wa‘awa‘a Forest Reserve and Pu‘u Anahulu Game Management Area.
- Legacy Land Conservation Commission Seeks New MembersHONOLULU -- The Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Forestry and Wildlife seeks applications for three vacancies on the Legacy Land Conservation Commission, a nine-member Commission appointed by the Governor to advise the Department on grants from the Legacy Land Conservation Program (“Legacy Land”).