Your search found 475 hits
- 10/06/19-CONSERVATION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER SEIZE ILLEGAL LAY NET AND BOAT (Honolulu) – Today, following-up on a citizen complaint, officers from the DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) recovered an estimated 1,000 feet of unattended lay net within Kaneohe Bay.
- 04/06/18 – Latest Net And Fishing Violations Reported Via DLNR Tip App; Application Used to Report Suspected Illegal Activity at Kahana(HONOLULU) – Two men received citations from DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) officers on March 30th at Kahana Bay on O‘ahu’s windward coast.
- 03/25/14 – Honolulu Fisherman Fined $250 for Throw Net ViolationHONOLULU –A state Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) officer cited a fisherman for using a throw net with mesh of less than two inches in waters off Aina Haina on Feb. 5. The officer spotted the man fishing with a throw net from shore while on routine patrol.
- 04/11/18 – Wai‘anapanapa State Park To Close Briefly Thursday Morning For Removal Of Cargo Nets And Marine Debris From BeachKAHULUI, MAUI -- A large pile of cargo nets and other debris which came ashore approximately two weeks ago at Wai‘anapanapa State Park will be removed tomorrow morning, in a joint effort by the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) State Parks and Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) divisions, as well as the County of Maui’s Division of Public Works.
- 05/25/16 – “My Hawai‘i” 2016 Student Writing Contest Winners Announced; “Planet at the Crossroads” is theme of 10th annual contestHONOLULU – The imaginative visions of middle school students reveal their insights on the environment in Hawai‘i today, and their dreams for tomorrow. Twenty-five Hawaiʻi middle school students were selected as top winners for their poems and short stories on May 13 in the annual “My Hawai‘i” environmental writing contest for students in grades 6, 7 and 8, sponsored by the Pacific Writers’ Connection (PWC), the Hawai‘i Conservation Alliance and multiple Hawaiʻi conservation agencies and organizations.
- 05/12/15 – Conservation Officer Confiscates Boat, Net and Undersized FishHonolulu – A DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement Officer (DOCARE), on routine patrol Sunday morning, cited a Windward Oahu resident for having dozens of undersized fish. This resulted in not only the fish being confiscated for evidence, but also the fisher’s 16-foot skiff and 3500 feet of net.
- 06/01/18 – “Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet” is World Oceans Day at Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area on June 8(KAILUA-KONA) -- Celebrate the third annual World Oceans Day, “Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet” at Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area on June 8, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free to the public, except for a $5 parking fee at Hapuna Beach for non-Hawai‘i residents.
- 01/11/19-FISH SEIZED IN LAY NET BUST PROVIDE VALUABLE SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION(Honolulu) – More than 500 Aholehole confiscated from a pair of fishermen eight days ago did not go to waste. Many people inquired on social media about the fate of the fish. The DLNR Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE) photographed them for evidence and then turned them over to the Division of Aquatic Resources’ (DAR) Anuenue Fisheries Research Center at Sand Island.
- Intranet DLNR Intranet is now available on SharePoint! Click here. Please login via your email address and password. (It is the same as your Outlook or eSign credentials) If you need further assistance please contact the IT Office for assistance. DLNR Helpdesk: 808.587.0350 email: [email protected]
- Nettle CaterpillarNettle caterpillar (Darna pallivitta) Regulatory Status: Pest for Control (HAR 69A) Prevention and Control Category: The Hawaiʻi Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Agriculture introduced a natural enemy of the nettle caterpillar from Taiwan in 2010. This natural enemy was a eulophid. Description The stinging nettle caterpillar is the 1st larval form of an […]