Effective immediately: Wiki Permit users shall comply with all State and county COVID-19 orders and rules applicable to the county in which a permitted event is planned. For Oahu beaches, permits are limited to 5 participants total until further notice. For users with existing accounts , because the State and county rules regarding the use of beaches can change frequently and on short notice and because Wiki Permit fees are non-refundable, we recommend that you obtain your permit no more than 1-2 days before the event. For users that need an account, you should submit your application to create an account as soon as possible.
Wiki Permits for Commercial Activities / Beach Weddings
This process is to be followed by persons/companies desiring a right-of-entry permit for a beach wedding or other commercial activity on unencumbered State shorelines only. Please note that a few beaches in the State are managed by other government agencies, e.g. the counties. Applicants are advised to seek authorization for use of those beaches from the appropriate government agency managing those areas.
- Persons new to Wiki Permits are asked to first read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for an overview of the process and the questions most frequently asked.
- The permitted beach sites are listed in our Wiki Permit Beach Locations. Along with the application, the applicant is required to submit a Certificate of Liability Insurance (e.g. sample certificate).
- For a definition of “commercial activity” and “compensation,” and other related rules see DLNR Amendments to Chapter 13-221, Hawaii Administrative Rules, November 15, 2002, please refer to the following link: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/ld/rules/
- Should you still have questions after reading the FAQs, please email [email protected] or call (808) 587-0449.
Are you already registered to use the Wiki Permits Online Permitting System?
- Yes: Go to the Wiki Permits Online Permitting System to apply for a permit. Please read the instructions and the terms and conditions before completing the application and printing out your permit.
- No: Fill out an application for access to the Online Wiki Permits System. Please read the instructions and fill out the form completely, print it, attach the certificate of insurance, and mail them to:
Department of Land and Natural Resources Land Division
1151 Punchbowl Street, Room 220 Honolulu, HI 96813
Attention: Wiki Permits
Alternatively, these forms may also be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to (808) 312-6357.
Hawaii Marriage Equality Act
The Hawaii Marriage Equality Act of 2013 went into effect on Monday, December 2, 2013.