UPDATE: 9/24/20 - OAHU - Starting
9/24/20 - OAHU - Starting Sept. 28, Waahila Ridge State Recreation Area will be CLOSED during weekdays for HECO work.
9/22/20 - OAHU - Comfort Stations at Sand Island SRA are currently CLOSED for repairs.
9/18/20 - HAWAII ISLAND - All State Coastal & Beach Parks on the island of Hawaii Remain CLOSED Through September 30, 2020. This measure mirrors the Mayor\'s Covid-19 Emergency Rule No. 11.
Oahu State Parks, Beaches, & Na Ala Hele Trails Re-OpeningPosted on Sep 9, 2020
(Honolulu) – State Parks, beaches and Naā Ala Hele trails on O‘ahu that were closed in August due to Covid-19 control measures reopen on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020 with the same set of restrictions announced this afternoon in Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s Emergency Order 2020-26.
Note: Certain high-tourist O῾ahu State Parks that were previously closed, since March, such as Diamond Head and Nu῾uanu Pali remain closed. Please check https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dsp/ for details.
Individual activities, such as walking, running, fishing, and biking will be allowed, as will continued access to the ocean, to comfort stations and outdoor showers in parks and trails under the jurisdiction of the Department of Land and Natural Resources.
Group activities are not allowed, with any number of people, even from the same household. Camping in State Parks or in camping areas managed by the DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife remain closed. This order is in effect through Wednesday, Sept. 23 or until it’s extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended.
OAHU State Parks Open & Closed List
1. Aiea/Rainbow Bay: CLOSED
2. Keehi Lagoon Memorial Park CLOSED
3. Diamond Head Monument: CLOSED
4. Heeia State Park: CLOSED
5. Iolani Palace State Monument: CLOSED
6. Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline: OPEN – (9/10/20)
7. Ka’ena Point State Park:
• Mokuliea Section OPEN FOR HIKING ONLY – NO VEHICLES – (9/10/20)
• Makua/Keawa’ula OPEN – GATES CLOSED At KEAWA’ULA – (9/10/20)
8. Ahupua’a O Kahana Valley State Park: OPEN – (9/10/20)
9. Keaiwa Heiau State Recreation Area: OPEN – (9/10/20)
10. Laie Point State Park: OPEN – (9/10/20)
11. Makiki Tantalus State Recreation Area: OPEN – (9/10/20)
12. Malaekahana SRA
• Kalanai: OPEN – (9/10/20)
• Kahuku: OPEN – (9/10/20)
13. Nuuanu Pali State Wayside: CLOSED
14. Puu Ualaka’a State Wayside: CLOSED EXCEPT FOR TRAIL ACCESS
15. Puu O Mahuka Heiau State Monument: CLOSED
16. Queen Emma Summer Palace: CLOSED
17. Royal Mausoleum – Mauna Ala: CLOSED
18. Sacred Falls State Park: CLOSED
19. Sand Island SRA: OPEN – (9/10/20)
20. Waahila Ridge State Park: OPEN – (9/10/20)
21. Wahiawa Freshwater Park: OPEN – (9/10/20)