**IMPORTANT PARK NOTICES**
12/1/23 – UPDATED – [OAHU]: Ka’ena Point State Park, Mokule’ia Section vehicle access is CLOSED due to saturated roads, the Keawa’ula Section has REOPENED.
12/1/23 – [HAWAIʻI]: ʻAkaka Falls State Park has REOPENED
11/30/23 - [MAUI]: Mākena State Park, Oneloa (Big Beach) and Oneuli (Black Sand) beach gate is CLOSED due to heavy rains and ponding on the road, the beach area remains open. Waiʻānapanapa State Park – For your safety, staff is advising visitors to stay out of the water due to rough ocean conditions.
11/30/23 - [KAUAI]: The Kalalau Trail, Nāpali Coast SWP is OPEN.
State Parks Seeks Qualified Mobile Food Truck Providers for Multiple Parks StatewidePosted on Oct 31, 2022
State Parks Seeks Qualified Mobile Food Truck Providers for Multiple Parks Statewide
On August 12, 2022, the Board of Land and Natural Resources authorized the Division of State Parks to solicit for Mobile Food Truck services in a variety of parks statewide, including:
(CURRENTLY ONLY RECRUITING FOR MAUI)
Maui: Mākena State Park (2 locations), Waiʻānapanapa State Park
Kaua’i: Waimea Canyon State Park (Waimea Canyon Lookout, snacks/beverages only), Kokeʻe State Park (Kalalau Lookout, snacks/beverages only), Wailua River State Park, Hāʻena State Park
O’ahu: Diamond Head State Monument, Kaʻena Point State Park, Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline, Nuʻuanu Pali State Wayside, Puʻu ‘Ulakaʻa State Wayside, Sand Island State Recreation Area
Hawai’i: ‘Akaka Falls State Park, Wailuku River State Park,Hāpuna Beach State Recreation Area, Kekaha Kai State Park, Wailoa River State Park
If you are interested in becoming a prospective bidder, you need to understand Hawaiiʻs requirements.
Bidders must register with the State E-procurement system HIePro in order to bid, have a Department of Health Food Establishment permit, comply with their respective Counties plasticware ordinances, adhere to all provisions provided for in Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 11, Chapter 50, food Safety Code, and ensure that the food establishment permit remains active for the life of the concession contract.
3-year concession contracts will be offered to the highest and most responsible qualified bidder, by location. Our intent is to begin bidding on these opportunities by the end of the year.
We plan to start with the island of Maui at Mākena State Park and Wai’ānapanapa State Park. Several steps are still involved in getting these opportunities to a start date. There will be prequalification’s required of prospective vendors and a formal bid process.
Other considerations for prospective bidders:
· Generally, we will require 7 day/week operations, however some locations may be allowed to operate on a reduced schedule, in keeping with our desire to attract small businesses.
· Most, if not all locations will be offered only to the single, highest qualified bidder, to prevent clustering/crowding, and providing an exclusive right to provide food services in that location.
· Recognizing the sensitive natural and cultural settings within our parks, environmentally friendly packaging, containers, and utensils will be required at these locations, with severe restrictions on single-use plastic items. There will be a rubbish collection requirement as well.
· Winning vendors will be required to be a part of the park management team, providing park information and reporting rules violations, etc.
· Please note that not all of these park locations will necessarily be offered, due to a variety of factors. Some offerings may be delayed due to park construction projects, etc.
To bid as a Mobile Food Truck Concessionaire for State Parks see the requirements on the following link:
If you are interested in bidding on these opportunities, or have other questions, you may send an email of interest to Ms. Keiki. E. Kipapa at [email protected].
Mahalo for your interest in providing food service to our park visitors!