**IMPORTANT PARK NOTICES**
12/7/23 – UPDATED – [HAWAIʻI] Kua Bay in Kekaha Kai State Park has REOPENED.
12/7/23 – UPDATED – [OAHU]: Ka’ena Point State Park, Mokule’ia Section vehicle access is CLOSED due to saturated roads, the Keawa’ula Section has REOPENED.
- This event has passed.
Diamond Head State Monument: Volunteer Work Day
October 15, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
New COVID-19 protocols: In order to volunteer with us, you need to show that you are fully vaccinated by showing your vaccination card OR you need to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test from within 48 hours. Please email me or bring your COVID-19 card or proof of a negative COVID-19 test from within 48 hours. Please email me at [email protected]
At Diamond Head State Monument, volunteers will be weeding, pruning, and removing invasive species as assigned by the Park Ranger. Tools and gloves for the workday will be provided by Park staff, but volunteers are welcome to bring their personal tools and gloves. If you plan to bring personal tools, make sure they are labeled and let Parks staff know ahead.
Working within Diamond Head, the weather can get very hot and dry, and the terrain is often uneven. Come prepared to work in the sun and do moderate to heavy lifting/carrying. Here are some rules to follow, and items that all volunteers are required to bring:
1. Follow all rules of the park while you volunteer
2. Stay within the designated work area unless specified by Park Ranger or staff
3. Please be aware of your surroundings, and other volunteers, when using tools
4. Be sure to clean all tools, and work area, at the end of work day
–>> Remember to bring the following items:
• Water • Hat • Shoes • Work pants • Work shirt (T-Shirt OK) • Sunscreen