Covid-19 Protocols: Please wear a mask when indoors and in groups, maintain social distancing, and be respectful of others. Aloha, Hawaii State Parks
PARK UPDATES: 11/5/21 - [OAHU] - Beginning Nov. 6, 2021 the gates at the Keawaula Section of Kaena Point State Park will be OPEN on weekends from 7am to 7pm.
10/12/21 - [KAUAI] - Sections of the Waimea Canyon Lookout are currently CLOSED while repairs are done to the middle viewing deck. This project does not affect other lookouts in Waimea Canyon State Park and Kokee State Park.
4/19/21 - [ALL ISLANDS] - Entrance AND parking fees are now required for non-residents at several parks across the islands including: [KAUAI] Haena, Kokee, Waimea Canyon, [OAHU] Diamond Head, Nuuanu Pali, [MAUI] Iao Valley, Makena, Waianapanapa, and [HAWAII] Akaka Falls, Hapuna Beach. Non-resident visitors will be required to pay for both entry and parking.
3/1/21 - [MAUI] - Waianapanapa State Park - Entry and Parking Reservations are now required for all non-residents. For reservations go to www.gowaianapanapa.com
Kalōpā State Recreation Area
UPDATE: 9/30/20 - Kalōpā State Recreation Area is OPEN.
|Hours||Daily 7:00am to 6:45pm|
|Camping & Lodging||
BY PERMIT ONLY
NOTE: Online reservations for the cabins at Kalopa must be made at least seven (7) days in advance of check-in date.
Lodging, picnicking and easy family nature hike (0.7-mile loop trail) in a native ‘ohi’a forest at a 2000-foot elevation. Trail passes through the beginnings of an arboretum of the Island’s native plants. Additional trails in the adjoining forest reserve, including a 2-mile horse loop trail. (100.0 acres)
Kalōpā State Recreation Area rents duplex cabins. Cabin accommodations consist of 8-person units provided with bunk beds, toilet facilities, and hot shower. Hot showers are only available in the cabins. There is no hot water for the campgrounds. Furnishings include a gas range, water heater, refrigerator, limited dishes, cooking and eating utensils, tables and chairs, as well as restrooms. No linen, bedding or towels.
***Due to Covid-19 precautionary measures, the shared kitchen and dining facilities ARE CLOSED***
In the interests of keeping all guests safe, DLNR State Parks reserves the right to evict guests who do not abide by COVID rules as set by Emergency Order and cancel their remaining nights without refund.
Other Conditions Apply
1. Campsites are not an allowable travel quarantine facility. Non-residents must meet State and County travel guidelines prior to check in.
2. All guests must be household members sharing the same address.
3. Guests must provide their own liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer – we do not provide it.
4. Set up time is no earlier than 2:00 pm. ALL CAMPERS MUST BE PRESENT FOR MANDATORY CHECK IN WITH STAFF AT 5:00PM
5. Guests will be required to wear a mask when going to and from campsite, lodge and bathrooms. Please practice safe distancing rules and guidelines of 6 ft from other visitors/employees in the area.
Only names listed are covered by the permit.