Ways to get involved
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! If you wish to be a part of our newsletter mailing list click here. Once the page opens you can click subscribe in the upper left corner.
- Contact us at [email protected] for additional information, with any questions, or to schedule an educational presentation.
- Become an ʻAlalā Ambassador: Share what you’ve learned about ʻAlalā with your family and friends.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news, events, and information on our “News & Events” page.
- Teachers help to engage your students in place-based learning and incorporate Hawaiian forests and native species into your classroom. Click here for a list of resources, including curricula, activities, and environmental education programs.
- Advocate for native species. Contact your government representatives.
Contact other organizations on Hawaiʻi Island for volunteer opportunities:
- Mauna Kea Forest Restoration Project, website: RestoreMaunaKea.org
- Three Mountain Alliance, website: https://threemountainalliance.org/community/
- Big Island Invasive Species Committee, website: biisc.org
- The Nature Conservancy, website: https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-involved/how-to-help/
- NPS Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park, website: nps.gov/havo