Welcome to Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation!
“Enhance, protect, conserve and manage Hawaii’s unique and limited natural, cultural and historic resources held in public trust for current and future generations of the people of Hawaii nei, and its visitors, in partnership with others from the public and private sectors.”
It’s Hurricane Season. Are you prepared? Do you have a hurricane plan?
- USCG SECTOR HONOLULU – Maritime Heavy Weather and Hurricane Plan
- DOBOR’S HURRICANE HARBOR CLOSURE PROCEDURE IS LOCATED AT:
- MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HURRICANES CAN BE FOUND AT:
NOTICES …. to Boaters and Ocean Users
Manta Ray Viewing Rules Informational Meeting, September 3rd between 10:30am and 2pm at WCC Palamanui Campus
73-4255 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. The final version of the “Manta Ray Viewing Boating Operations and Safety Assessment” is available for review (Posted 10/02/15)
Premiere meeting of the MRAC has been scheduled for Thursday, 8/18/16. Download the meeting flier. Download the agenda for this upcoming meeting.
- Where Can I Fish?
- DOBOR Admin Office Relocation May Affect Your Boat Insurance (04/08/16)
- Change Aquarium collecting vessel registration and marking requirements (01/02/14)
- Vessel Insurance Requirement Increased as of January 2014 (07/03/13)
- Mandatory Boating Education in Hawaii Now in Effect
- Paddle Sports Safety Course (FREE)
NOTICES …. to Commercial Operators
Commercial Use Permit for State Ocean Waters (01/23/15)