Commercial Operation FAQs

All operators of commercial vessels or water sports equipment must obtain a commercial use permit from DOBOR, pursuant to Hawaii Administrative Rule Section 13-256-3.  To view DOBOR’s Administrative Rules, click here.

To expedite the permit process, all applicants can fill out a Commercial Use Questionnaire ahead of time and bring the questionnaire along with all relevant documentation in to a DOBOR District Office to complete the commercial use permit application process.



This information was last updated on 8/13/21.