Aloha from DLNR!
The OCCL is responsible for overseeing approximately 2 million acres of private and public lands that lie within the State Land Use Conservation District. In addition, to privately and publicly zoned Conservation District lands, OCCL is responsible for overseeing beach and marine lands out to the seaward extent of the State’s jurisdiction.
Public Hearings and Information Briefings
All hearings and briefings will be conducted via Zoom Webinar, and live streamed and archived on OCCL’s YouTube video channel.
- April 8 at 5pm: Diamond Head Breakwater Safety Project. Video stream
- November 24: Ala Moana Regional Park Beach Restoration. Video stream
- September 24: Kāʻanapali Beach Restoration. Video stream
- Thursday, October 15: Kīpāhoehoe Road Construction Project.
- Wednesday October 21: Waikīkī Seawall Mitigation Improvements. Video stream
- Thursday October 22: Kīhei Canoe Club Storage Site. Video stream
- Thursday, January 7: EIS Scoping: Waikīkī Beach Improvement and Maintenance Program. Video stream.
COVID 19 – Special procedures
OCCL staff are working, with limited office time. We will be making every attempt to maintain full office functions during this time. Please note the following temporary changes in practices and procedures:
- The physical office is closed to the public.
- Inquiries, correspondences, and smaller applications (site plan approval requests) should be sent in via email rather than regular email to [email protected]
- We will be sending out scanned permits via email rather than via regular mail.
- Please contact staff through email or cell; we will not have people in the physical office to answer phones there. Updated contacts are here.
- Information regarding Board of Land and Natural Resources meetings can be found on their website. Meetings are live streamed here.
- The DLNR Enforcement Line is still staffed, at 643-DLNR