Identified land uses beginning with the letter (A) require no permit from the department or board. OCCL is able to write letters of No Objection for landowners that would like documentation that their project has been reviewed.
Identified land uses beginning with the letter (B) require a Site Plan Approval from OCCL. These generally do not go out for public review, and can be processed in under thirty days. The application fee for Site Plan Approvals is $50.
Identified land uses beginning with the letter (C) are Departmental Permits that require a Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) approved by the Chair of the department. The application fee for Departmental Permits is $250. When applicable there are additional fees for public hearing costs ($250) and publication costs (variable).
Identified land uses beginning with the letter (D) are Board Permits that require a Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) approved by the Board of Land and Natural Resources. The application fee for Board Permits is equal to 2.5% of the project cost, but no less than $250, up to a maximum of $2,500. When applicable there are additional fees for public hearing costs ($250) and publication costs (variable).
- Draft / Final Environmental Assessment (EA) or Draft / Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) or Statement of Exemption
- State Historic Preservation Division HRS 6E Submittal Form
- Management Plan or Comprehensive Management Plan if required
- Special Management Area Determination
- Shoreline Certification if land use is subject to coastal hazards (apply for certification through DLNR’s Land Division)
- Kuleana documentation (ref §13-5-31(f)) if applying for a non-conforming kuleana use.
- Boundary Determination (ref §13-5-17) if land use lies within 50 feet of a subzone boundary.
- Guide to the Implementation and Practice of the Hawaiʻi Environmental Policy Act
- Hawaii Environmental Policy Act Citizen’s Guide (October 2014, Office of Environmental Quality Control)
- State Historic Preservation Division Library Research Request Form
- Guidelines on Non-Conforming Shoreline Structures
- Shoreline Encroachment Questionnaire
Small Scale Beach Nourishment (SSBN)