- Draft / Final Environmental Assessment (EA) or Draft / Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) or Statement of Exemption
- State Historic Preservation Division HRS 6E Submittal Form
- Management Plan or Comprehensive Management Plan if required
- Special Management Area Determination
- Shoreline Certification if land use is subject to coastal hazards (apply for certification through DLNR’s Land Division)
- Kuleana documentation (ref §13-5-31(f)) if applying for a non-conforming kuleana use.
- Boundary Determination (ref §13-5-17) if land use lies within 50 feet of a subzone boundary.
OCCL will coordinate any required public hearings, as well as the publication of the documents in the Office of Environmental Quality Control’s Environmental Notice. The applicant or their consultant will be required to respond to all written comments regarding the proposal.
Once an application is accepted for processing we are required by law to make a decision within 180 days. At the end of the review process OCCL will make a recommendation to either the Chair of the Board of Land and Natural Resources or the full Board, as appropriate. The Chair (for Departmental permits) or the Board (for Board permits) has the final authority to modify, grant, or deny any permit.