Intake & Determinations
- Hawaii Cultural Resource Information System (HICRIS)
Hawaii Cultural Resource Information System (HICRIS) Launch Date: December 17, 2020
HICRIS website link:
Question: How do I Submit additional documents or photographs to an existing HICRIS project?
Answer: Project Supplement is used to submit additional documents or photographs to an existing HICRIS project. NOTE: You must be a Contact on the project, if not, you must request to be added.
- Select Project Supplement. (located under the Submit tab in HICRIS)
- Provide the email address used to add you to the project and the project number.
- Add any documents, or photos and submit them to SHPD via the existing project.
Question: Are Fees required for all submissions?
Answer: No. Fees are not required for all submissions.
- December 17, 2020 SHPD will begin accepting all submittals through HICRIS.
- After the December 17th launch, if you are unable to use HICRIS, have an extenuating circumstance, and require assistance with your submittal, please call us at 808-692-8015.
What is HICRIS?
Hawaii Cultural Resource Information System (HICRIS)
- HICRIS is an advanced Geographic Information System and data management system that integrates SHPD’s vast historic and cultural resource database as well as digitized paper records of Hawaiʻi’s recorded cultural resources. It provides a single place to access those cultural records and related geographic data.
- HICRIS will serve as an interactive portal for agencies, municipalities, planners, researchers, and others who use historic preservation data and programs, such as the Hawaii`s chapter 6E and the federal section 106 review processes, architectual and archaeological survey programs, the State and Federal Income Tax Credits for rehabilitation of historic properties, as well the State and National Registers of Historic Places Programs.
- COVID-19 NOTICE
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
As part of the State’s efforts to limit transmission of the COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Hawaiʻi State Historic Preservation Division’s (SHPD) offices are closed to the public until further notice. Communications with SHPD must be done electronically via the Hawaii Cultural Resource Information System (HICRIS).
Please note, moving forward, HICRIS will be the only way for SHPD to accept and process submittals.
See the HICRIS Announcement on our home page for additional details.
To report the inadvertent discovery of a burial site call.
On Kaua`i please call: (808) 896-0475
On Hawai`i Island please call: (808) 430-5709
On Maui please call: (808) 436-6518
On O`ahu please call: (808) 436-4801
Please visit the SHPD website for further information and a list of SHPD contacts here: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/shpd/.
Official notice: COVID 19
STATE OF HAWAIʻI
STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION DIVISION (SHPD)
POSTING OF CURRENT COMPLIANCE DETERMINATIONS AND REVIEWS
The reports below contain listings of the current requests for compliance reviews received by the SHPD. The lists are compiled on a weekly basis and posted on Friday.
NOTE: if you click on a PDF file in this directory and only get
a blank page, click the refresh button on your browser.