Board of Land and Natural Resources
The Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR), is composed of seven members, one from land district and two at large, and the Chairperson, the executive head of the Department. Members are nominated and, with the consent of the Senate, appointed by the Governor for a 4-year term. No more than three members of the board may be from the same political party. Any member having any interest, direct or indirect, in any matter before the board must disqualify him/herself from voting on or participating in the discussion of the matter. The BLNR convenes twice monthly to review and take action on department submittals, including land leases and Conservation District Use Applications (CDUAs). Testimony from the public on program actions, development plans, permit applications, and all other BLNR actions are accepted and heard at this time.
For further information about the BLNR, please refer to the Hawai`i Revised Statutes, Chapter 171-4. Inquiries regarding board submittals can be directed to the Land Board Secretary at (808) 587-0404 or in writing to P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawai`i 96809.
- Suzanne D. Case, Chairperson
- Stanley H. Roehrig, Hawai`i Member (Term: 7/01/14 – 6/30/18)
- Keith “Keone” Downing, At-Large (Term: 4/01/15 – 6/30/18)
- James A. Gomes, Maui Member (Term: 7/01/13 – 6/30/17)
- Thomas Oi, Kauai Member (Term: 7/01/16 – 6/30/2017)
- Samuel “’Ohu” Gon III, O`ahu Member (Term: 9/01/16 – 6/30/17)
- Christopher Yuen, At-Large (Term: 7/11/14 – 6/30/18)
Note: Click on Member’s name to view Bio
Land Board Meetings (Agendas, Submittals & Minutes)