In accordance with current State and County directives, the Commission on Water Resource Management (CWRM) office is currently closed until further notice. For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Hawaii Department of Health’s COVID-19 website.
GROUND AND SURFACE WATER PERMIT APPLICATIONS
The Commission highly encourages digital submissions of permit applications during this time. This includes Well Construction and Pump Installation Permits, Stream Channel Alteration Permits, Stream Diversions Works Permits, and Water Use Permit Applications. Digital application forms can be download from our website at https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/cwrm/info/forms/.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the Commission at [email protected]. Your assistance is appreciated and will allow Commission staff to continue processing submitted applications in a more timely matter. Forms submitted via postal mail may face considerable delays through April 30, 2020.
WATER USE REPORTING
At this time, water use reporters are highly encouraged to switch to Online Water Use Reporting. For assistance and account setup, please send an email to [email protected] for follow-up by Commission staff.
All general inquiries and information requests may continue to be submitted to [email protected].
As of April 9, 2021
- Updated Ground Water Forms
Form GWUPA-N: Application for Ground Water Use Permit for Proposed New Use in a Designated Ground Water Management Area
Notification of New Well Ownership Form
- PERMIT REVIEW: SDWP.5510.8: After-The-Fact Stream Diversion Works Permit Application, Ka‘ie‘ie Stream, Pāpa‘ikou, Hawai‘i, TMKs: (3) 2-7-006:024 and 2-7-013:025
- PERMIT REVIEW: SDWP.5508.6: After-The-Fact Stream Diversion Works Permit Application, Kahoma Stream, Lahaina, Maui, TMKs (2) 4-5-017:888 and 4-5-018:888, for end uses on TMKs (2) 4-5-016:009, 4-5-017:002 and 005, and 4-5-018:011
- NEWS RELEASE: Lāwa‘i Stream Flows Protected for Instream Uses
- March 2021 Water Resource Bulletin
- March 16, 2021 Commission Meeting Agenda
- Updated Well Construction and Pump Installation Application Form
- The Online Water Use Reporting system is currently experiencing technical difficulties due to recent server upgrades and efforts are being made to resolve them
- U.S. Geological Survey, Scientific Investigations Report 2020-5128, “Low-Flow Characteristics of Streams from Wailua to Hanapēpē, Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i”
- U.S. Geological Survey, Scientific Investigations Report 2020-5115, “Water-Resource Management Monitoring Needs, State of Hawai‘i”
- PUBLIC NOTICE: State of Hawai‘i, Update to the State Water Projects Plan (View SWPP Update)
Water, The Lifeline of Our Islands