In accordance with current State and County directives, the Commission on Water Resource Management (Commission) office is currently open for business. However, Commission staff are teleworking intermittently and on-site staff is limited. If you wish to meet with a specific staff member, please communicate directly with those staff to schedule an appointment time. For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Hawaii Department of Health’s COVID-19 website.
Please be aware that entry to the Kalanimoku Building may require photo identification.
For your protection while in the building:
If you have a cold, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches or fever, please do not enter the Kalanimoku Building. Contact a medical facility or your physician. Mahalo for your patience and understanding.
As of August 13, 2022
- August 16, 2022 Commission Meeting Agenda and Submittals
- Public Notice: Lahaina Aquifer Sector Area, Surface and Ground Water Management Area Designation, Island of Maui
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5889.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit (SDWP.5889.6) Application, Thomas Bashaw, Installation of a Portable Submersible Pump, Wailuku River, ʻIao Surface Water Management Area, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-3-018:007
- July Water Resource Bulletin
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5895.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application, Reestablish the North Waiheʻe ʻAuwai by Reconstruction of a Rockwall, Waiheʻe Stream, Waiheʻe, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-2-04:001
- Published Report: Low-Flow Characteristics and Surface Water Availability in East Maui, Hawai‘i
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5804.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application for Abandonment, North Waiehu Ditch Intake, North Waiehu Stream, Waiehu, Maui, TMK (2) 3-2-014:001
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5805.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application for Abandonment, Kama Ditch Intake, Wailuku River, Wailuku, Maui, TMK (2) 3-3-018:002
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5806.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application, Everett Ditch Intake, Waikapū Stream, Wailuku, Maui, TMK (2) 3-5-003:001
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5807.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application, Reservoir 6 Intake, Waikapū Stream, Wailuku, Maui, TMK (2) 3-5-011:049
- Updated Application for Surface Water Use Permit for Proposed New Use in Designated Surface Water Management Area
- News Release: Stream Flows to be Restored to Five Moloka‘i Streams for the First Time in Over a Century
- Public Hearing Notice: Recommended Designation of Lahaina Aquifer Sector, Maui as a Surface Water Management Area
- 2022 Report to the Legislature: Identification of Rivers and Streams Worthy of Protection
- Employment Opportunities:
– Hydrologist VI, Groundwater Regulation Branch
Water, The Lifeline of Our Islands