In accordance with current State and County directives, the Commission on Water Resource Management (Commission) office is currently open for business. However, Commission staff are teleworking intermittently and on-site staff is limited. If you wish to meet with a specific staff member, please communicate directly with those staff to schedule an appointment time. For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Hawaii Department of Health’s COVID-19 website.
Please be aware that entry to the Kalanimoku Building may require photo identification.
For your protection while in the building:
If you have a cold, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches or fever, please do not enter the Kalanimoku Building. Contact a medical facility or your physician. Mahalo for your patience and understanding.
As of January 24, 2023
- CLARIFICATION: January 24, 2023 Commission Meeting will begin at 2:00 PM
- January 24, 2023 Commission Meeting Agenda and Submittal Posted
- Draft November 15, 2022 Commission Meeting Minutes Posted
- Meet Dawn N. S. Chang, Department of Land and Natural Resources’ Director and Commission Chairperson
- 2023 Report to the Legislature: Identification of Rivers and Streams Worthy of Protection
- Commission Meeting Rescheduled for January 24, 2023 at 2:00 PM
- January 17, 2023 Commission Meeting Cancelled
- 2023 Commission Meeting Schedule
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5970.4: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application to Remove Pipes and Concrete with Hand Tools and Abandon Registration of Stream Diversion Works and Declaration of Water Use No. 862.4, Molokai Properties, Ltd., West Kawela Stream, Kawela Hydrologic Unit, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-4-003:026
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5971.4: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application to Remove Pipes and Concrete and Abandon Registration of Stream Diversion Works and Declaration of Water Use No. 866.4, Molokai Properties, Ltd., East Kawela Stream, Kawela Hydrologic Unit, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-4-003:026
- December Water Resource Bulletin
- Permit Application Review: SDWP.5951.6: Stream Diversion Works Permit Application, Abandon, Breach and Removal of the Kapalaalaea Dam, Papalua Stream, Haʻikū, Maui, TMK: (2) 2-8-007:001
- Permit Application Review: SCAP.5955.3: Stream Channel Alteration Permit Application, Bridge Widening and H1 Eastbound Highway Improvements, Kalihi Stream, Kalihi, Oʻahu, TMK: (1) 1-3-002:044 (west bank); no TMK (east bank)
- Permit Application Review: SCAP.5954.6: Stream Channel Alteration Permit Application, Bank Stabilization and Restoration, Wailuku River, Wailuku, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-4-020:045 por.; 046 por.; 3-4-030:888 por.
- Public Notice: Lahaina Aquifer Sector Area, Surface and Ground Water Management Area Designation, Island of Maui
- Published Report: Low-Flow Characteristics and Surface Water Availability in East Maui, Hawai‘i
- Updated Application for Surface Water Use Permit for Proposed New Use in Designated Surface Water Management Area
- News Release: Stream Flows to be Restored to Five Moloka‘i Streams for the First Time in Over a Century
- Employment Opportunities:
– Hydrologist VI, Groundwater Regulation Branch
Water, The Lifeline of Our Islands