- John Komeiji: An individual with business and finance experience who has previous administrative experience in managing a large private-sector business.
- Kamanamaikalani Beamer: An individual with ʻāina (land) resource management expertise and specific experience with Hawaiʻi island‑based management. Beamer is a professor at Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies in the Hui ʻĀina Momona Program at UH Mānoa.
- Gary Krug: An individual who is recognized as possessing expertise in the fields of preschool through 12th-grade public education or post-secondary education.
- Rich Matsuda: A representative from a list of three names submitted by Mauna Kea Observatories.
- Pomaikai Bertelmann: An individual who is a lineal descendent of a practitioner of Native Hawaiian traditional and customary practices associated with Mauna Kea.
- Joshua Mangauil: An individual who is a recognized practitioner of Native Hawaiian traditional and customary practices.
- Paul Horner: An individual from a list of three names submitted by the President of the Senate.
- Michelle “Noe Noe” Wong-Wilson: An individual from a list of three names submitted by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Wilson is a retired Hawaiʻi CC Hawaiian Studies assistant professor.
Three ex-officio, voting members will also serve on the Authority
- The chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources, or the chairperson’s designee. This position is currently held by Dawn Chang.
- The mayor of the County of Hawaiʻi, or the mayor’s designee. Mayor Mitch Roth has designated Douglass Shipman Adams, director, research and development management.
- The chairperson of the UH Board of Regents, or a designee. Chairperson Randy Moore has designated UH Regent Eugene Bal III.