Land Board – Submittals – 09/12/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, September 12, 2014
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of June 27, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of July 25, 2014 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Authorization for the Chairperson to Sign, Execute, and Amend Contract(s), for the Mākaha Valley Watershed Restoration Project, Tax Map Keys 8-4:002:001 and 8-4:002:014, Mākaha, Oʻahu
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for Portions of the Project.
- Annual Renewal of Right of Entry Permit for Kawainui Marsh State Wildlife Sanctuary: #OA-459-06.
- Request Approval for Selection of Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract for Development of a State Wildlife Action Plan for the State of Hawaiʻi.
- Request Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment and Approval for the Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for a Proposed Water Dip Tank to Increase Fire Response Capabilities at Kaʻohe, Island of Hawaiʻi.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Approval in Concept for Partial Withdrawal of Lands Under Governor’s Executive Order No. 2188 for Reset Aside to County of Hawaiʻi for Mass Transit Agency Base Yard Facility; Right-of-Entry for Survey Purposes at Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-013: Portion of 148.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to John Willard of Maui Surf ʻOhana at Haneoʻo, Hāmoa, Hāna, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-4-007: Portion of 009.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Na Wahine O Ke Kai for the 2014 Kaʻiwi Channel Canoe Race for Event Operations and Staging Purposes; Tax Map Key: (2) 5-1-002: 012, Hale-o-Lono, Kaluakoʻi, Molokaʻi.
- Issuance of Direct Lease and Immediate Right-of-Entry to the City and County of Honolulu for Temporary Mobile Access to Services and Housing (TMASH) for Housing First Transition Purposes, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:Portions of 130 and 334, together with rights of access and utility easements.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiʻi Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach on October 11, 2014, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikīkī Beach Activities, Ltd. for Beach Activities Purposes on October 19, 2014, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Authorization to Enter into Non-Exclusive License Agreement with the City and County of Honolulu on behalf of the Hawaiʻi State Public Library System for Access Purposes, Mānoa, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-9-023:024 (Portion).
E. STATE PARKS
- Establishment of an Agreement with the Pacific Whale Foundation for the Restoration of Paniaka Fishpond, Makena State Park, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-06:80.
- Informational Briefing On Proposal To Adopt A New Chapter Under Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules as Title 13 Chapter 95.1, Island-Based Fisheries Rules, to Establish New Bag and Size Limits for Maui Island Fisheries (Non-Decision Making Item).
- Enforcement Action Against Mr. Elpie Valdez for Engaging in Illegal Lay Net Activity at Kanahā Beach Park, Maui.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to World Triathlon Corporation dba Ironman, For a Three Day Event Located on the Kailua-Kona Pier Facility, Lanihau, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-006:039.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Dolphin Excursions Hawaiʻi, Inc. for Operation of a Trailer Boat Storage Yard, Waiʻanae Small Boat Harbor, Waiʻanae, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-002:044.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Enforcement Case (OA 14-02) for Unauthorized Landscaping, Drainage Improvements and Earth Retention Structures by Poka Place LLC, Located at Diamond Head State Monument, Island of O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-042:017 (por.)
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for One (1) Contested Case Hearing Regarding Enforcement Case OA 14-66 Unauthorized Placement of Shoreline Erosion Control Structure by Sutton Family Partners Located at Waialua, Island of O‘ahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 6-8-010: 014 and 015.
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for Civil Resource Violation System (CRVS) Notices Regarding Encroaching Vegetation, by Sedgwick (KA-14-7), Chulack Family Trust (KA-14-14), Gaige (KA-14-21), Burmeister Family Trust (KA-14-41), and Wyle Family Trust (KA-14-42), Located at Hāʻena/Wainiha, Island of Kauaʻi, Makai of Tax Map Keys: (4) 5-8-008: 035; (4) 5-9-002: 033; (4) 5-8-010: 016; (4) 5-8-008: 034; and (4) 5-8-008: 048, Respectfully.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3717 to Construct the Pahole Radio Facility by Department of Accounting and General Services (DAGS) Information and Communication Services Division (ICSD) Located at Waialua, Island of O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-001: 004 (por.)
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3709 by Charles and Diane Bundrant for a Single Family Residence, Well Restoration, and Landscaping at Kahauloa, South Kona, Hawaiʻi, TMKs (3) 8-3-005:001, 020, and 021.
- Request for One (1) year Time Extension to Process an Environmental Impact Statement for Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3698 by Waimalu Holding Company for the Waimalu Nature Center and Zipline Canopy Tour at Waimalu, ʻEwa District, Oʻahu, TMK (1) 9-8-073:001.
- Certification of Elections of George “Rick” Robinson and Keith Unger to Serve as Directors of the Kona Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules for Job No. J45CK41B, Menehune Road Rockfall Mitigation, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi.
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract for Job No. D00PH60A, Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) Kaʻohe GMA Helicopter Dip Tank – Upper Site, Kaʻohe, Hawaiʻi.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking and Storage of Busses, Robert’s Tours and Transportation, Inc., Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-014:024.
- Issuance of a Hanger Facilities Lease by Public Auction, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076:003.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Gould, Richard A., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076:022.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, Hoʻopai, Ronald C.K., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076:022.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Nam Ko, Dillingham Airfield, Waialua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-014:016.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Skydiving Facility, Sky-Med, Inc., DBA Pacific International Skydiving Center, Dillingham Airfield, Waialua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-08-014:001, and (1) 6-08-002:018.
- Amendment to No. 1 to Direct Lease DOT-A-12-0012 Issued to Hawaiʻi Fueling Facilities Corporation for a Fueling Facility to Provide Onsite Fuel Storage and Delivery of Aviation Fuel Via Underground Pipeline at Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001:019.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Hele Lani, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001:019.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for the Installation and Maintenance of Radio Equipment to Support the Operation of the USFAA Air Traffic Control Tower, Exelis, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax map Key: (3) 2-1-012:090.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Tiare Enterprises, Inc. for Additional Spaces, for an Office and a Trailer for Storage of Merchandise, Retail Concession, Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Land for Storage of an Office Trailer, Hawaiʻi Pacific Aviation, Inc., Space No. 006-107, Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:040.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Land for Storage of an Office Trailer, JTB Hawaiʻi, Inc., Kona International Airport to Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:040.
- Issuance of a Fueling Facility Lease, Hawaiʻi Fueling Facilities Corporation, Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ground Transportation Access, Essex House Condominium Corporation, Līhuʻe Airport Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Three Podium Spaces, Alaska Airlines, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008.
- Approval to Issue a Use Permit to the Pacific Regional Medical Command and Telehealth (PRMC/TH) for Access to, and Partial Use of, the Hawaiʻi Army National Guard (HIARNG) Puʻunēnē Armory Building 1 Located at 2701 Mokulele Highway, Kīhei, Maui, Tax Map Key (2) 3-8-008:001.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.