Land Board – Submittals – 08/14/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, August 14, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 24, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 8, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 22, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of June 12, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of June 26, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of July 10, 2015 Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 9, 2014, Item D-2, Term Extension of General Lease No. S-5187; Aloha Petroleum, Ltd., Lessee, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-009:042. And
The purpose of the amendment is to change Condition 1.B. by including “improvements required by applicable law or regulations” as a permissible basis of the lease extension, and extending the due date from December 31, 2015 to December 31, 2016, for submitting receipts of the expenditures of the proposed improvements.
- Consent to Assignment of 20% interest in General Lease No. S-3611 from the Hiraoki, Elaine and Lawrence Kono Foundation, as Assignor, to Hawaiʻi Planing Mill, Ltd. dba HPM Building Supply, as Assignee, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-032:021.
- Approve Mediated Settlement of Rent Reopening Dispute in General Lease No. S- 4201, David S. De Luz, Sr., Lessee, 75 Pohaku Street, Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key No. (3) 2-2-058:033.
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 25, 2008, Item D-8, Grant of Easement to Benjamin Konshak, Claude L. Harris, Jr., and Greeley West Corporation for Access Purposes, Kaiaakea, North Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-4-003: Portion of 011. And
Purpose of the amendment is to change the name of the grantee consisting of the three original individual landowners (Konshak, Harris & Greeley West Corp) to the Maulua Homesteads Owners’ Association, to allow accesses to the other adjacent landowners.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 13, 2013, Agenda Item D-16, Sale of Abandoned State Road Reservation to Owners of Lots 1, 2A, 2B, 4, 5B, 6, 7, and 35, Lālāmilo Farm Lots, Lālāmilo and Waikoloa, South Kohala, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/6-6-05:19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29 & 32. The purpose of this amendment is to: 1. Correct the names of the owners for Lot 2B to include all current owners’ names. 2. Update the names for the owners of Lot 6.
- Grant of 65-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Department of Transportation, Highways Division; and Issuance of an Immediate Management and Construction Right-of-Entry onto State Lands for Honoapiʻilani Highway Shoreline Protection Improvements, Vicinity of Olowalu, Maui Project No. 30C-02-04 and Federal Aid Project No. NH-030-1(052), Olowalu, Lāhainā, Maui, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (2) 4- 8-003: Seaward of 006.
- Discussion with the Department of the Attorney General regarding the status of Ching v. Case, et al., Civ. No. 14-1-1085-04 GWBC that relates to GL S-3849, Kaohe, Hamakua and Puuanahulu, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 4-4-015:008, (3) 4-4-016:005, and (3) 7-1-004:007.
The Board will go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities and to engage in attorney-client communications. (No Staff Submittal)
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikīkī Roughwater Swim Committee, Inc. for a Swim Race Event to be held on Saturday, September 5, 2015, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37:por. 21.
- Request to Amend Prior Board Action of March 13, 2015, (Item D-8), “Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the Na Wahine O Ke Kai for a Canoe Race Event to be held on Sunday, September 27, 2015, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3- 037: portions of 021.”
The Purpose of this Request is to Amend the Permit Date of the Canoe Race Event to Include Saturday, September 26th, 2015 and to Revise the Permit Areas, and Rent, Accordingly, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021.”
- Consent to Sublease under General Lease No. S-5261 by Sand Island Business Association to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. for Utility Purposes, Sand Island Business Association, Lessee, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041: various.
- Sale of Remnant to Wayne C. Travillion and Arlene L. Travillion, Waiʻanae-Kai, Waiʻanae, Oʻahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-013:062.
- Authorize Negotiation and Execution of Memorandum of Agreement among the Board of Land and Natural Resources, the Department of Defense and the Department of Accounting and General Services for Civil Defense Warning Sirens on Land Under the Direct Management of the Department of Land and Natural Resources, at Various Locations, Statewide.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Charles Littnan, NOAA Fisheries, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Marine Mammal and Marine Debris Assessment Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Randall Kosaki, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Surveys of Deep Coral Reefs.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Brian Bowen, University of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Genetic Survey Activities.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiʻi Fueling Facilities Corporation for Construction, Access, and Maintenance of Monitoring/Recovery Wells and Interceptor Trench at the Keʻehi Small Boat Harbor, Tax Map Key No. (1) 1-2- 025:024.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Enforcement OA-14-62 Regarding the Alleged Unauthorized Re-Construction of a Shoreline Erosion Control Structure by Grand View Apartments, Inc., located in the Waiālua District, Island of O‘ahu, Upon Submerged Land Makai of Tax Map Keys: (1) 6-8-001:011; (1) 6-8-010:012 & (1) 6-8-010:013.
- Request Approval to Implement Proposed Natural Resource Beach and Coastal Protection Projects Funded Through Act 117, SESSION LAWS OF HAWAIʻI (SLH), 2015, Pursuant to the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority Strategic Plan, and Authorizing the Chairperson of the Department of Land Natural Resources to Review and Approve Natural Resource Protection Projects for Beaches and Coastal Areas for Fiscal Year 2016.
- Delegate Authority to the Chairperson to 1) Issue Findings of No Significant Impact for Environmental Assessments Submitted in Connection With Conservation District Use Applications; and 2) Delegate Authority to the Chairperson and the Administrator of the Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands to Declare Exempt Those Actions Within the Conservation District Which Are Included in the Department-wide Exemption List.
- Disposition of Surplus Highway Remnant, Interstate Highway I-HI-1 (23), Tax Map Key: (1) 2-4-013:045.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Equipment Staging Area Along Northern Portion of Aolele Street for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project, Airport Utilities Volume 2 – Utilities & Landscaping, NAN, INC., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: 01 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for the Storage of Aircraft Cleaning Equipment, Western Pacific Aviation Management Corporation dba Wespac Air, Inc., Diamond Head Concourse, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: 065: Portion.
- Amendment No. 3 to State Lease No. DOT-A-80-0006, Request to Include Additional Premises to the Lease, Bradley Pacific Aviation, Inc. dba Landmark Aviation, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72: 14.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Kenani Air LLC, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of an Airport Land Lease to Aeko Kula, Inc., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: 19 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Dan Landis and Rae Landis, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Paul Rambaut, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Direct Hangar & Facilities Lease, Pacific Pump and Power, Inc., Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 003.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ramp Office and Storage, Oxford Electronics, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.