Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- 04/29/22 – STARTING SUNDAY REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS MUST DISCLOSE SEA LEVEL RISK(HONOLULU) – Beginning May 1, 2022, all real estate transactions conducted in Hawai‘i must include disclosures about the risk of sea level rise (SLR) to the property. The mandate, enacted in 2021, requires disclosure about sea level rise, up to and including 3.2 feet.
- 04/29/22 – KALALAU CAMPSITES AGAIN HELD BACK FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS(LĪHUʻE) – Beginning next Tuesday, May 3, the DLNR Division of State Parks (DSP) will issue a limited number of overnight permits for camping in Kalalau in the Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park on Kauaʻi. Permits can be purchased on a space available basis, to walk-in applicants only, at the Kauaʻi State Parks Office in the State Office Building in Līhuʻe. Permits will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from 8 a.m.-11a.m., Tuesday through Thursday, each week through the summer.
- 11/7/19 – Orange On Orange: As Trapped Dog Is Brought To Daylight; DLNR/DOFAW Botantist To The Rescue(Lihu‘e-Koloa Forest Reserve, Kaua‘i) - When botanist Adam Williams put on his orange t-shirt this morning he knew he’d be rappelling. As a certified arborist with the DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW), Williams is accustomed to climbing trees and down cliffs in search of rare plants.
- 11/6/19 – Wailua “Loop Road” Construction Timeline Update(Lihu‘e) -- For the past two years the Wailua Management Road (Loop Road) in the Lihu‘e Koloa Forest Reserve has experienced severe damage and continues to pose a public safety hazard. This road leads to the Blue Hole area. Due to unforeseen circumstances, construction has not started, but that is about to change.
- 11/5/19 -THE CORAL PLEDGE AND SAVING CORAL TV SPECIAL PUT FOCUS ON HAWAI‘I’S REEFS Visitor Industry Interests Encouraged to Take the Pledge(Honolulu) – Prompted by this year’s coral bleaching event, staff with the DLNR Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR), are introducing The Coral Pledge. It is a common sense, six-step reminder, of how everyone can help, by not adding stress to coral reefs during this time of bleaching. While everyone is encouraged to take the pledge, it is targeted to the visitor and tourism industry.
- 11/5/19 – CORAL BLEACHING NOT AS SEVERE AS PREDICTED BUT STILL WIDESPREAD; Extensive Surveys Show Bleaching Event Now Abating(Honolulu) – The widespread coral bleaching event predicted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) did impact reefs across Hawai‘i, beginning with warm ocean temperatures in the summer, extending into the fall.
- 11/4/19 – NEW DLNR MAUI ANNEX BUILDING IS COMPLETED; Energy Efficient Facility Provides Space for Four Divisions(Wailuku) – Today, a blessing and ribbon cutting marked the completion of a new 8,000 square-foot building, housing four divisions of the Department of Land and Natural Resources on Maui.
- 06/16/19 -A UNIQUE ART CENTER IN A UNIQUE BUILDING IN A UNIQUE STATE PARKWailoa Center Education & Outreach Efforts Expanding(Hilo) – Wailoa State Recreation Area in Hilo is unique among Hawai‘i State Parks given it’s one of a few parks in an urban setting, right on the edge of downtown Hilo. What also makes this beautiful park unusual, is the unique building which houses the Wailoa Center, which is the largest venue on Hawai‘i Island for showcasing the work of local artists.
- 06/14/19 – REOPENING OF STATE PARKS PROVIDES ACCESS TO FAMED KALALAU TRAIL; Community Group Recognized for Stewardship & Governor Ige Makes the Hike(Hāʻena, Kaua‘i) – The eagerly anticipated reopening of Hāʻena State Park and the Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park on June 17, 2019, also allows for the highly anticipated reopening of the Kalalau Trail. Considered one of the most arduous and beautiful hikes in the world, the trail attracts thousands of global visitors who seek views of the spectacular Nāpali Coast, one of Hawai‘i’s most photographed and iconic vistas.
- 06/12/19 – NEAR-REPEAT OF SACRED FALLS TRAGEDY HIGHLIGHTS CLOSED-TRAILS DANGERS DOCARE Officers Treat Injuries, Enforce & Educate on State HolidayDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: June 12, 2019 (Click on image to watch video) NEAR-REPEAT […]