Land Board – Submittals – 07/13/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of June 8, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of June 22, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contract(s) to Install Ungulate-Proof Fencing Within the Hono O Na Pali Natural Area Reserve, Kauai
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4392, Lois N. Hashimoto, Assignor, to Lois N. Hashimoto, Clyde T. Hashimoto, and Lynne N. Tamashiro, Assignees, Lot 25, Hanapepe Rice & Kula Lots, Hanapepe, Waimea (Kona), Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-9-001:011
- Consent to Assign Grant of Easement No. S-4880, H-B, Inc., Assignor, to Bobbie’s Steak & Lobster, LLC, Successor Company to Bobbie’s Steak & Lobster, Ltd., Assignee, Assignment of Lease from Bobbie’s Steak & Lobster, LLC, Assignor to NSIC Ponds LLC, Assignee, and Cancellation of Grant of Easement No. S-4880 and Issuance of a New Grant of Easement, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-1-06:10.
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee, to Hui Malama Ola Na Oiwi, Kirby Kuoha, Sub-lessees, Subject to State’s Participation in Sublease Rent Profits, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-1-12:26.
- Reconsideration of Rent for General Lease No. S-5151, Louis Paulo Sr., Lessee, Phase II, Milolii-Hoopuloa Residential Lease, for Residential Purposes at Milolii and Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-9-014: 012.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of January 27, 2011, Item D-4, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to William Wade Latham for Waterline Purposes, Koolau, Keanae, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-003: Portion of 092.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui’s Original Hawaiian Corporate Games Inc., for a Team Building Event at Wailea Beach, Honuaula, Wailea, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Amend Prior Board Action of November 22, 2010, Item D-9, to Extend the Department of Transportation, Highways Divisions’ Kawela Bridge Replacement Project Right of Entry Expiration Date from November 22, 2012 to January 31, 2014 and Increase the Area of Use from 277 sq. ft. to 19,863 sq. ft.; and Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry to Maui Electric Company for Temporary Power Pole Installation to Service the Kawela Bridge Replacement Project, Kawela, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-4-001: 102 por.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Fireworks by Grucci, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on July 24 and 25, 2012,Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing by Alethea Rebman; Amend Prior Board Action of March 9, 2012, Item D-7 by Adding the Completion of the Environmental Assessment regarding Quitclaim of State’s Interest, if any, in Kalia Road to the City and County of Honolulu, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-008:adjacent to 001
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 9, 2011, Item D-18, Sale of Remnant to Richard R. Kelley Living Trust by Reducing the Remnant Area, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-038:042; andGrant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Richard R. Kelley Living Trust for Seawall and Steps Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-
038:seaward of 042
- RESUBMITTAL – Request Approval of Plans for Construction of New Residence, Patricia Moore, Diamond Head View Lots Unit Two, Increment One, Lot 42, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-048:050
- Amend General Lease No. 5620 by Allowing Two (2) Dwellings on the Premises; Heine W. Aruda and Gladys L. Aruda, Lessees, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-013:032
- Deny the Request for Rent Reduction and Consider Request for Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. 5708, if appropriate; Landscape Hawaii, Inc., Lessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-027:016
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 8, 2008, Item D-10: Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 3867 to the Department of Agriculture for the Kahuku Agricultural Park, Approval, in Principle, of the Issuance of a Direct Lease to West Wind Works, LLC, for a Commercial Renewable Wind Energy Generation Facility, and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit, Kahuku-Malaekahana, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1)5-6-08:6 andAmendment: Consent to the Assignment, from West Wind Works, LLC, the Assignor, to Na Pua Makani Power Partners, LLC, the Assignee, of the Direct Lease Approved, in Principle, by the Board at its August 8, 2008, Meeting, and Extend Right-of-Entry Permit to Expire on the Commencement Date of the Lease.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5512, Hawaii Meat Company, Limited, Assignor, to HMCO, LLC, Assignee, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:037
- (1) Amend Governor’s Executive Order No. 1808, Issued to the United States of America, to be Managed by the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA), to Accurately Depict the Access Easement Area on the Ground and to Note that the CAA has been succeeded by the Federal Aviation Administration Pertaining to the Haleakala Peripheral Hi Site, Kula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-007:007 and(2) Amend Executive Order 1987 Issued to the University of Hawaii to Accurately Depict the Access Easement Area on the Ground for Governor’s Executive Orders, No. 1808 and 1987 Pertaining to the United States of America, Federal Aviation Administration’s Haleakala Peripheral Hi Site and the University of Hawaii’s Haleakala High Altitude Observatory site, Kula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-007:008
E. STATE PARKS
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0178 Dwight Ornellas, Assignor, to George I. Kawamura and Elizabeth A. Kawamura, Assignee
- Request for Approval of the Design of a New Warning Sign, and Placement of Additional Warning Signs at Sacred Falls State Park, Oahu, and Opaekaa Falls, in Wailua River State Park, Kauai, Pursuant to Act 82, SLH 2003 ( Exhibit-B, Exhibit-C, Exhibit-D, Exhibit-E )
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Authorize the Department of Land and Natural Resources Chairperson to Enter into a Federally Funded Contract ($387,000) between DLNR and Pioneer Machinery, Inc. for the Casting/Manufacturing and Delivery of Artificial Reef Habitats
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to John Burns, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Disease Survey Activities
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Time Extension Request (HA-12-11) for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3250 regarding the completion of hand quarrying of volcanic ash, by Dr. Jack Lockwood, at the Pu’u Nene Cinder Cone, Saddle Road (SR200), North Hilo District, Island of Hawaii, TMK: (3) 3-8-001:001
- Time Extension Request (KA-12-10) for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) KA-3509 regarding the initiation of construction and completion of construction deadlines for the Malerich’s Single Family Residence (SFR), at 7834 Kuhio Hwy, Ha’ena, County of Kaua’i, TMK: (4) 5-9-005:025
- Certification of Elections of Karen Ah Mai and Warren Wong and Appointment of Judy Nii to Serve as Directors of the South Oahu Soil and Water Conservation District
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Hawaii Fueling Facilities Corporation to Develop a Fueling Facility to Provide Onsite Fuel Storage and Delivery of Aviation Fuel via Underground Pipeline at Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: 19 (portion), Kahului Airport
- Consent to Sublease of State Lease No. DOT-A-94-0007 Federal Express Corporation to Evergreen Aviation Ground Logistics Enterprises, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72:61 (portion)
- Modification/supplement No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-08-0009 FAA Master Lease Agreement No. DTFAWP-08-L-00012, United States of America, Federal Aviation Administration, Molokai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-2-04:portion of 8
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.