Land Board – Submittals – 02/24/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of January 13, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of January 27, 2012 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Request Approval to Seek the Governor’s Approval to Indemnify the City and County
of Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation for the Use of the Koko Head
Shooting Complex for Firearms Training.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding Between the United
States Fish and Wildlife Service (Department of the Interior) and the Department of
Land and Natural Resources (State of Hawaii) Regarding the Programmatic
Environmental Impact Statement for the Control and Eradication of Invasive Rodents
and Mongoose in Hawaii Using an Integrated Pest Management Approach (IPM)
- Request Approval for Three Year Extension of the Cooperative Game Development
and Management Agreement Between Castle and Cooke LLC and the Department of
Land and Natural Resources for the Cooperative Game Management Area on the
Island of Lanai, Comprising Approximately 30,000 Acres, and Delegation of
Authority to the Chairperson to Extend the Term of the Agreement
- Request for Approval to Enter into a 2-Year Contract with the Zoological Society of
San Diego to Provide Services to Operate the Endangered Bird Captive Propagation
Facility on Maui, the Maui Bird Conservation Center, and to Provide Expert
Avicultural Services to Conduct Related Forest Bird Propagation Projects at the
Keauhou Bird Conservation Center on the Island of Hawaii and Throughout the State
And Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS
Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Project 2
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 23, 2002 and November 19, 2004 by Adding
Tax Map Keys to the Title and Location Sections and Amend Acreage – Delegation
of Authority for the Issuance of Right-of-Entries for Grazing Purposes in Pu’u
Wa’awa’a, North Kona, Hawai’i, to Include Tax Map Keys: (3) 7-1-003:016, and (3)
- Request for Approval of Amendment to Incidental Take License and Habitat
Conservation Plan for Lanai Meteorological Towers to Extend to 2016
- Request for Approval of the Amendment to Incidental Take License to Decrease
Take of (1) Newell’s Shearwater From 40 Birds to 25 Birds, (2) Hawaiian Petrel
from 40 Birds to Four Birds, and (3) Remove the Notably Higher Take Level, and
Approve the Second Amendment to the Implementing Agreement for Kaheawa
Wind Power, on the Island of Maui, Hawai’i
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Trade-Winds Management Group, Ltd. for a
Teambuilding Event at Shipwreck Beach, fronting the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort &
Spa, Poipu, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 2-9-01: portion seaward of 02.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-3595, Opportunity Management Hawaii,
Inc., Assignor, to Hawaii HVAC, LLC, Assignee, Amendment of the Terms and
Conditions Regarding Allowed Use, Assignments, Subleases, Insurance and Bond
Requirements for General Lease No. S-3595, Lot 18, Kanoelehua Industrial Lots,
Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-2-50:86.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 28, 2010, Item D-4, as amended, Issuance of
Direct Lease to Hawaii Oceanic Technology, Incorporated for Aquaculture Purposes,
to Modify Performance Bond Requirement and to Reflect the Complete Legal Name
of the Lessee, Offshore Waters of Puanui, Puaiki, Kiiokalani, and Kaihooa, North
Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 5-8-001: and 5-9-003: Seaward of Puanui,
Puaiki, Kiiokalani, and Kaihooa.
- Mutual Cancellation of General Lease No. S-5988, Kawaihae Restaurant, LLC for
Commercial Purposes, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/6-1-03:15.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Malama O Puna For Alien Red Mangrove and
Pickleweed Eradication Project on Unencumbered Lands at Kealakehe, North Kona,
Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-08:71 por.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 1623 that was issued to the County
of Hawaii for Library Purposes; Reset Aside to the Department of Education, for
Addition to Holualoa Elementary School and Community Related Purposes,
Holualoa, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-6-004: 005.3
- Forfeiture of Revocable Permit No. S-7764, Felix Ibarra, Permittee, Waiohinu, Ka’u,
Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/9-5-05: portion of 03.
- Grant of Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easement to City and County of Honolulu for
Drainage Easement Purposes, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-
1-009:portion of 262.
- Set Aside to Department of Agriculture for Agriculture Purposes, Waimanalo, Oahu,
Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-018:048.
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 1598 issued to Department of
Agriculture and Sale of Remnant to Kailua Nursery Inc., Lianne S. Suzuki Trust,
Reynard L. Akui Estate and Janice T. Yamane, situate Waimanalo, Koolaupoko,
Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-1-024:071 (portion).
E. STATE PARKS
- Establishment of a Volunteer Kokua Partnership Agreement for Pupukea-
Paumalu State Park Reserve, Oahu
- Establishment of a Volunteer Curatorship Agreement for the Kam Mon Store
(Visitor Center), in Ahupua’a ‘o Kahana State Park, O’ahu
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2011-89 for Dr. Nancy Grumet
Prouty, US Geological Survey, Pacific Science Center, to Conduct Research Using
Core Samples from State Regulated Stony Corals in Kona, Hawaii to Study Historical
- Discussion on State Leases at Banyan Drive, Hilo, Hawai’i
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Permission to Contract with a Consultant to Provide Professional Appraisal
Services to Determine Fair Market Valuation of all Mooring Rates and Fees
for the Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation
- Appoint A Hearing Officer And Delegate To The Chairperson The Authority
To Select A Hearing Officer To Conduct All Hearings For One (1) Contested
Case Hearing Regarding An Enforcement Action Located At The Ahu O Laka
Safety Zone to Mr. Charles Stone 4
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application KA-3607 for a Single Family Residence and
an After the Fact Culvert by Jason and Teresa Stanley Located at Waioli, Hanalei,
Kauai, TMK: 5-5-008:001 & 002
- Conservation District Use Application MA-3613 for the Auwahi Wind Farm Project
Papaka Road New Alignment by Auwahi Wind Energy, LLC located at Ulupalakua,
Island of Maui, TMK: (2) 2-1-004:006
- Permission to Hire Consultant to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement and
Master Plan for Hanahanapuni Public Shooting Range, Wailua, Kauai, TMKs: (4) 3-
9-01:por.02 and (4) 3-9-02:por.01
- Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11,
Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules for Job No. F77C634A, Replace Comfort
Station, MacKenzie State Recreation Area, Hawaii
- Final Approval of the Acquisition of Privately-Owned Lands and Set Aside to the
Department of Transportation for Addition to the Existing Kahului Airport, Situate at
Spreckelsville, Wailuku, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-8-1:03 (por.) and 04.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.