Land Board – Submittals – 08/10/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of July 27, 2012 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Request Approval to Seek the Governor’s Approval to Indemnify the City and County of Honolulu Department of Parks and Recreation for the Use of the Koko Head Shooting Complex on September 22 & 23, 2012 for National Hunting and Fishing Day Celebration
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 28, 2011, Item D-8,Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Harlan Cabot Amstutz and Patricia Price Amstutz, Co-Trustees of the Amstutz Family Trust Seawall and Stairway Purposes, Koloa, Kauai, Tax Map Key (4) 2-6-003:018 & 060, to Request a Deferral Regarding Tender of Consideration for the Easement.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4308, Hilo Sheet Metal, Inc., Assignor, to Kalawe’s Auto Repair, LLC, Assignee, Consent to Mortgage but Deny a Request for an Extension of Lease Term, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-58:02.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Scott Cirimeli and Constance E. Cirimeli for Access and Utility Purposes, Kailiula and Ahulili, Kau, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-6-009: portion of 004.
- Set Aside to County of Maui, Department of Water Supply for Maintenance Baseyard and Pedestrian Access Purposes, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-031:001.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Beach Activities, Ltd. for Beach Activities Purposes for Two Hours Each Day on Fifteen (15) Days in August and September 2012, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Roughwater Swim Committee, Inc. for a Swim Race Event to be held on September 3, 2012, at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37:por. 21
- Consent to Assign and Amend Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5632, Douglass T. K. Pang, Assignor, to Stephen K.S. Loo and Catherine K. Loo, Assignees, Kahaluu, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 4-7-019: seaward of 071.
- Authorize Termination of Easement for Pedestrian Right of Way in favor of the State of Hawaii and Removal of Remaining Steel Girders at the Location, The Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific, Applicant; Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-7-014:portion of 042
- Amend Prior Action of October 24, 2008, under Agenda Item D-13 (Approval in Principle of Land Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Hawaii Baptist Academy for State-Owned Land at Nuuanu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-2-22:02 & 19, and Privately-Owned Property Yet to be Identified), by omitting State-Owned Land identified as Tax Map Key (1) 2-2-22:02 from the exchange; and identifying Privately-Owned Property located in the Waipahu Industrial Park, Hoaeae, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 9-4-49:62 for the exchange.
- RESUBMITTAL/STATUS SEEKING EXTENSION OF SIXTY (60) DAY DEFERRAL ON:1. Status of Outstanding Delinquencies and Termination of the Development Agreement Between the State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC, for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001
2. Termination of the Development Agreement between the State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC, for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001
E. STATE PARKS
- Status on Attempts to Negotiate a Revocable Permit with Lanihuli Community Development Corporation for a Six (6) Month Term in Accordance with Board Action Directed at its January 27, 2012 Meeting (Agenda Item E-2) and Request for Approval for the Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Lanihuli Community Development Corporation for a Period of Six (6) Months on the Condition that Within Ten 10 Days of the Date of This Submittal, All Outstanding Compliance Issues are Resolved Regarding Wastewater Compliance and Fire and Extended Coverage Insurance, and if the Compliance Measures are Not Corrected, Request for Approval for the Issuance of a Six (6) Month Revocable Permit for a to be Determined Entity for the Operation of Public Recreational Facilities at the Kahuku Section, Mālaekahana State Recreation Area, Lā‘ie (Ko’olauloa), O‘ahu, TMK: (1) 5-6-001: Parcels 45-47, 49, 51, 54-65, (the “Property”).
- Consent to Assign and Approval to Amend General Lease No. SP0159, Harwood Williamson and Nancy Williamson, Assignor, to Harwood Williamson, Nancy Williamson, and Thomas B. Williamson, Assignees, Waimea Canyon State Park, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, TMK: (4) 1-4-003:013
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Na’alehu Anthony, Paliku Documentary Films, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Photographic Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Solomon Enos, Individual Artist, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Art and Photographic Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Yasuho Jimbo, Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS), for Access to State Waters to Conduct Filming Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Carl Meyer, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Top Predator Feeding Habits and Movement Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Robert Toonen, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, and Dr. Christopher Bird, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Intertidal Biodiversity Survey Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Native Hawaiian Practices Permit to Shauna Kehaunani Springer, Na Maka o Papahanaumokuakea and Conservation International, for Access to State Waters to use Traditional Ecological Knowledge to Examine Intertidal Ecosystems
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Hawaiian Parasail, Inc. for Thirty Six Square Feet to Construct a Deck to Accompany a Ticket Booth, Located at the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor (AWSBH), Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-3-037: (Por)
- Certification of Election of George Mikami as Director of the Waiakea Soil and Water Conservation District
- Certification of Elections of Chris Manfredi, John Cross and Brenda Iokepa-Moses as Directors of the Kau Soil and Water Conservation District
- Certification of Election of Aileen Yeh as Director of the Puna Soil and Water Conservation District
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.