Land Board – Submittals – 09/28/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of August 24, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of September 14, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval of the Kaʻū Forest Reserve Management Plan, Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment for the Subject Plan and Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact for the Proposed Project, TMKs (3) 9-7-001:001, 009, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, 018, 019, 020, 021, 022; 9-6-006:009, 010, 015, 018; and 9-5-015:003 (por.), Hawaiʻi [ Attachment ]
D. LAND DIVISION
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5811, Jackson Thong and Mandy Thong, Assignor, to Douglas K. Awai, Jr., Assignee, Kamaee-Wailua, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/3-1-04:02.
- Resubmittal: Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee, to Hui Malama Ola Na Oiwi, Kirby Kuoha, Sub-lessees, Subject to State’s Participation in Sublease Rent Profits, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-1-12:26.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assignment of Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement No. LOD S-27655, Florence M. Schultz, Martha Ann Rice, and Colleen McCorriston-Smith, Assignors, to Bret Patrick Hoffman, Assignee; Amendment of Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement No. LOD S-27655 to Run with the Land Identified as Tax Map Key: (2) 5-7-011:017 and Add Current Comprehensive General Liability Insurance Requirement, Ualapue, Kona, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-6-002: Por. of 001 and 034.
- Consent to Assign Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement LOD No. S-27747, Walter Charles Schachter and Sara Catherine Harrold (also known as Sara Catherine Harrold-Schachter) Assignor, to Terry J. Korpi and Terry L. Korpi, Assignee, Ualapue, Molokai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-6-002:Por. 026; Amendment of Grant of Easement LOD S-27747 to Allow Easement to Run with the Land Identified as Tax Map Key No.: (2) 5-6-002:021, also situate at Ualapue, Molokai, Hawaii.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Kahana Canoe Club, for Canoe Race Purposes at Pukoo, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-7-007: seaward of 017, 066, and Hulopoe Bay, Lanai, Tax Map Key: 4-9-017: Seaward of 002.
- Final Approval of an Exchange Between the State of Hawaii and Tiana Partners and Hawaiian Humane Society for State-Owned Springing Executory Interest in Land at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 3-7-04:01, 02, 20 and 21 and Privately-Owned Land at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-04:02, for Proposed Addition to the Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve.
- Sale of Government Land to Hawaiian Electric Companyfor an Electrical Substation Site, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1)9-1-17: Portion of 110.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to The Gas Company, LLC for Gas Transmission Lines Purposes, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-014:seaward of 002 and (1) 9-1-074: seaward of 036.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- 1) Request Approval to Use NOAA Funding from the Western Pacific Fisheries Management Council (“WESPAC”) to Develop, Implement and Improve Upon the Current Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) On-Line Commercial Fisheries Marine Licensing and Reporting Systems; and 2) Authorize the Chairperson to Enter into any Related Agreements as Needed
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit No. 2012-86 for Emilia Sogin, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology to Take Stony Corals Samples and Place Temperature Loggers for a Study on Climate Change Impacts on Corals Around the Islands of Oahu and Molokai
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Enforcement File MA 09-54 Alleged Unauthorized Seawall and Stairs by Henry and Diane Schweitzer at Keonenui Beach, ‘Alaeloa, Island of Maui, TMK: (2) 4-3-015:001
- Approval to Execute Amendment No. 2 to Agreement (Feasibility Cost Sharing Agreement) Between the Department of Army and the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources for the Ala Wai Watershed Feasibility Study
- Amendment No. 1 to Allow for Additional Floor Space to Expand Retail Operations to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-11-0005 Retail Concession, DFS Group L.P., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001-019
- Amendment to Prior Land Board Action of July 22, 2009 Under Agenda Item M-3 by Authorizing a 10 year Lease and Waiver of Written Personal Guarantees from the Applicant’s Investors, Regarding Issuance of Direct Lease to Liquid Robotics, Inc.; Situated at Pier 1 North Shed and Adjacent open, paved area, Kawaihae Harbor, Kawaihae 1st, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd Division, 6-1-03: portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to State of Hawaii, Department of Defense, Hawaii Army National Guard, Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii, TMK: (1) 9-1-13:32 (portion)
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to State of Hawaii, Department of Defense, Hawaii Army National Guard, Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii, TMK: (1) 9-1-13:46 (portion)
- Consent to Sublease Amendment by Allowing for Additional Floor Space No. 373-264 and No. 373-265 to Expand Retail Operations to Retail Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-09-0002, DFS Group L.P. to Island Shoppers, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, TMK: (1) 1-1-03:portion of 1
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.