Land Board – Submittals – 10/12/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of September 14, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of September 28, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to Write-Off the Following Uncollectible Accounts on the Islands of Oahu and Kauai:
a. Robert S. DeRego, Jr. (amount owing: $1545.87)
b. Mark Connely (amount owing: $699.77)
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contract(s) for Implementing the Kahikinui Watershed Restoration Project, Phase 2, TMKs: (2) 1-9-01:03 and (2) 1-9-01:07, Maui
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for This Action
- Request for Authorization to Negotiate and Sign a Contract(s) to Furnish Helicopter Transportation Services for Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Kauai; and
Request for Authorization to Negotiate and Sign a Contract(s) to Furnish and Deliver Fence Materials for Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Forestry and Wildlife, Statewide; and
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for These Actions
- Request to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding a Set Aside of Approximately 376 Acres as the Kaluanui Natural Area Reserve, Withdrawn from Sacred Falls (Kaluanui) State Park, TMK: (1) 5-3-011:009 portion, Kaluanui, Oahu; and
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Assessment Requirements of this Action
- Request for Approval of the ʻĀhihi-Kinaʻu Natural Area Reserve Management Plan
- Rescind Approval in Principle of Direct Lease to United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service for Research, Education, Office and Housing Facility Purposes at the Puu Waawaa Unit of the Hawaii Experimental Tropical Forest, Puu Waawaa Forest Reserve, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 7-1-001:Portions of 004 & 006 and Request Approval in Principle of Direct Lease for New Location Within Puu Waawaa Forest Reserve, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: (3) 7-1-001:Portion of 006
D. LAND DIVISION
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 2380 to the Department of Accounting and General Services and Reset Aside to County of Kauai, Department of Public Works for Sidewalk and Parking Modifications, por. of Lihue Town, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-6-005:011.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Jack and Margaret Phillips for Parking and Maintenance Purposes, Por. Kapaa Rice and Kula Lots, Kawaihau, Kapaa, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-004:por. of 2.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of August 24, 2012, Item D-4, Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4312, Gary J. Rubio and Karen L. Rubio, Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-058:026.
- Resubmittal: Approve the Withdrawal of Approximately 3 Acres from General Lease No. S-5320, Peter H. Jose and Richard A.J. Jose, Lessees; Authorize Amendment of General Lease No. S-5320, Peter H. Jose and Richard A.J. Jose, Lessees, to Reflect the Withdrawal, Decrease the Acreage of the Premises, Reduce the Rent, and Clarify that There is No Improved Legal Access to the Lease Premises from a Public Highway; Laupahoehoe, Hawaii, TMK: 3rd/ 3-6-6: portion of 46.
- Resubmittal: Amend Prior Board Action of January 27, 2012, Item D-2, and Prior Board Action of April 25, 2008, Item D-9, Regarding Issuance of Direct Lease to United States of America, Department of Agriculture (USDA), for Research and Educational Purposes, Laupahoehoe, North Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 3-6-6: portion of 46. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Clarify that There is No Legal Access to the Proposed Lease Premises from a Public Highway, Include Requirements in the Proposed Lease that USDA Fence the West, North and East Sides of the Lease Premises and Reimburse Lessees under General Lease No. S-5320, Peter H. Jose and Richard A.J. Jose, $1,560.00 for Their Costs Incurred in Clearing and Planting the Proposed Lease Premises in Grass, and Include a Board Finding that a Lease to USDA for its Research and Educational Center Will Be of Greater Benefit to the State than Mining Activity on the Land.
- Resubmittal: Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the United States of America, Department of Agriculture, for Access and Utility Purposes, Laupahoehoe, North Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 3-6-6: portion of 46.
- Amend Prior Board Action of July 13, 2012, Item D-14: Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 3867 to the Department of Agriculture for the Kahuku Agricultural Park, Approval, In Principle, of the Issuance of a Direct Lease to West Wind Works, LLC, for a Commercial Renewable Wind Energy Generation Facility; and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit, Kahuku-Malaekahana, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1)5-5-08:6 and
Amendment: In Summary, the Recommended Action Will Delete the Assignment of Lease, Replace West Wind Works, LLC, with Na Pua Makani Power Partners, LLC, as the Applicant; and Extend the Applicant’s Right-of-Entry Permit Expiration Date.
E. STATE PARKS
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. SP0129, Jill Hanna Neerings, Lessee, Lot 83, Waimea Canyon State Park, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-002:081
- Reconsideration of the Board’s September 14, 2012, Decision to Terminate Revocable Permit No. SP0064 Issued to Hawai’i Pack and Paddle, LLC, Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, South Kona, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-1-011: 001, 006, 010, 011, por.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request to (1) Realign the Perpetual Public Access Easement Created by a 1963 Agreement, Recorded in Land Court as Document No. 324984 and Affecting Tax Map Key No. (1) 2-3-37:12, Over the Modern Honolulu (Hotel) Property Owned by M Waikiki LLC; (2) Accept a Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easement From M Waikiki LLC Over Pedestrian Overpass Above Hobron Lane as a Portion of the Realigned Easement; and (3) Grant a 55-Year Non-Exclusive Easement to M Waikiki LLC for Pool Deck and Outside Dining Purposes on Elevated Deck Adjacent to Second Floor of the Modern Honolulu
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
- Second Amendment to Prior Land Board Action of May 11, 2007, Under Agenda Item M-1, Regarding Issuance of Direct Lease and Right-of-Entry to Ameron International Corporation, dba Ameron Hawaii, Adjacent to and in Vicinity of Pier 60 and Ke’ehi Lagoon, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-23: portion of 33, Honolulu Harbor, Kapalama and Iwilei, Honolulu, Oahu
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities. TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING. ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.